• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm quite certain the basic premise "works".

Yes! We've also seen recent laboratory evidence that we can measure gravity waves as the very fabric of space-time is disturbed by remote events. It's pretty amazing, and measurements back up theory.

So, I'm guessing I should market some new GWB (Gravity Wave Blocking) hunting gear. All I have to do is convince people that deer can sense the mass of a hunter sitting in a tree, and how the hunter's heartbeat produces gravity waves to which deer are especially attuned. No need at all to prove this ability, just assert that it exists, and start taking orders! Leave it up to the natural aspirations and confirmation bias of hunting product consumers to confirm that it's their new GWB gear that bagged them that buck, not their good luck and judgement about wind, location, and marksmanship.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yes! We've also seen recent laboratory evidence that we can measure gravity waves as the very fabric of space-time is disturbed by remote events. It's pretty amazing, and measurements back up theory.

So, I'm guessing I should market some new GWB (Gravity Wave Blocking) hunting gear. All I have to do is convince people that deer can sense the mass of a hunter sitting in a tree, and how the hunter's heartbeat produces gravity waves to which deer are especially attuned. No need at all to prove this ability, just assert that it exists, and start taking orders! Leave it up to the natural aspirations and confirmation bias of hunting product consumers to confirm that it's their new GWB gear that bagged them that buck, not their good luck and judgement about wind, location, and marksmanship.
    You'll get more buyer if you market it other than hunting clothes..

Call it.. anti-fat look.. it will lessen the good ol question .. "does this outfit make me look fat?" Delimma.
    You'll save countless relationship.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    You'll get more buyer if you market it other than hunting clothes..

Call it.. anti-fat look.. it will lessen the good ol question .. "does this outfit make me look fat?" Delimma.
    You'll save countless relationship.
    They already utilize the human perception of light waves (particles) in making anti-fat-looking clothing. They bring reflectivity down to almost ZERO, hence reducing the overall load to our receptors. The portion of the light spectrum used for this miraculous illusion is known to us laymen as "Black".

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Word!
    Hah! NOW we're going places... :party29:

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Well then, keep us posted. ;) I'd rather watch you burn your money than trying it from my angle. :D

I probably won't.

I'll keep reading about how deer are seeing you sitting in trees etc. BTW- I've been sitting on the ground and the deer have been looking right at me even after I've shot at them but they still can't see me or get spooked. They've just went back to browsing after a few minutes.

That goes for the rest of these clueless knuckleheads too. :)

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I probably won't.

I'll keep reading about how deer are seeing you sitting in trees etc. BTW- I've been sitting on the ground and the deer have been looking right at me even after I've shot at them but they still can't see me or get spooked. They've just went back to browsing after a few minutes.
    I've had this exact same experience in standard camo clothing, thus proving my camo worked in that environment, the wind was right and my movement was undetected.
    That goes for the rest of these clueless knuckleheads too. :)
    Why the butthurt, Bro?

Did you buy stock?

Referring to people who disagree or disbelieve as "knuckleheads" is OK now?

People who fail to believe in a very thin premise with no proof, and suggest both anecdotal evidence and scientific theory that point out it's seemingly limited value are "clueless"? This seems a bit backwards.

Many of us are natural skeptics and one should not be personally offended if we scoff at ideas that do not seem to make sense. Especially those that pluck at the wallets of those less critical.

Scientifically proving this works at all is going to be pretty tough, and then to go further and prove it makes any difference to animals is another major challenge. We'd actually need several deaf and blind deer that cant smell to really sort this out.

It's been out for a year and has not really taken over the hunting gear market...but who knows, maybe when they prove it works it will catch on.

You may recall that early on, we all made fun of the elephant repellent and now look, elephants are impossible to find anywhere around here. Clearly we were wrong and someone else had the last laugh that time.

Bottom line, in any hunting gimmick equipment situation: If you think it works and it boosts your confidence enough to make you more patient and willing to stay on stand, more power to you. If believing in it works causes you to wait it out and get a shot, then it really DID work.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OK, so here are my thoughts on the HECS system(of course I tried it).

It does not seem to work, at least around here. I've had deer look at me and spook(can you blame them?), and I've had them look up at me and not spook. Pretty much standard operating procedure for deer.

I will say this; wild animals in regions where they rarely, if ever, come into contact with humans tend not to lose their sh!t when they see one. So if it does work at all, you're probably better off wearing them in less populous parts of the country.

Here are some of my experiences;

The other day(the day I shot my big buck), I was busted by a doe with two fawns from 30 yds away. She was on the same trajectory as the buck I took 15 minutes later when I shot him at 10 yds. Bucks this time of year tend to pay more attention to searching the ground for scent than searching trees for two legged predators.
    I say this knowing(feeling) that deer out east here, unless well camouflaged, can pick off the human shape with ease. Same goes with turkey. I had a, jake last spring, almost hop over me one his way into my calling. Then came the two long beards and they busted me sitting under that tree from 60 yds. I was wearing the suit.

I feel it not necessary to talk about the couple of times when it seemed to work because the failures seemed so blaring. They kind of rule out the few times it appeared to work.

I spent around $100 on my suit(the cheapo version) I put it on my Christmas list. To me, it was worth a test. At least I have a very light weight camo suit to use in warmer weather.

A curious side note:
    I have been using the Ozonics machine for the last few years. This thing WORKS! I have had deer walk up to my stand, catch me moving, alert to my movement, stare at me, try to wind me, calm down and feed because they could not smell me. I refuse to (deer)hunt without it. I have killed so many deer coming from down wind of me and they never knew I was there. The ability to hunt a particular stand, even when the wind is wrong, is priceless.

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    outrider58, thanks for sharing your thoughts! About Ozonics, how do you protect any metal parts? I've read they are really prone to corrosion with Ozon.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Bucks this time of year tend to pay more attention to searching the ground for scent than searching trees for two legged predators.

This always gets me into a fight with other hunters. Bucks are flat out stupid this time of year. Probably easier to hunt than squirrels, IF a nice one was around every corner. They are mainly hard to shoot a nice one because they are moving all the time and unpredictable. I've seen bucks I thought I could stand up in the stand a wave at them and they wouldn't notice. Now does, seem to have their heads on a swivel the last week since the rut started.

Also, I appreciate your honest reviews.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    outrider58, thanks for sharing your thoughts! About Ozonics, how do you protect any metal parts? I've read they are really prone to corrosion with Ozon.

Not so hard on metal when applied to a tree stand or blind hunting situation. You're supposed to aim the box down wind of yourself, not directly on you. One thing ozone is hard on, well, two things, rubberized things and your throat. It dries the heck out of both. If you can smell you generator, try and aim it so it isn't blowing directly on you.

You will notice, at some point, deer will react to the ozone smell. Don't be alarmed. They're not smelling you. They usually settle down after a couple secs. This generally only happens when they are very close and get a nose full.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    ...or a fur collared leather bomber(that one's for you DBD ;))

LOL DBD would know! Although he would probably suggest bonding yourself to earth only if you were running the risk of induction or haven't properly megged a path to completely eliminate the equipotential hazards.

After of course you have thoroughly soaked your boots in diesel fueling the tractor with a lit Marlboro and a rifle slung across your back.

God bless that crazy fool. Its really cold where he's hunting right now but we'll ask him if he can get home for BP.

He would probably say bonding the suit to earth like shielding is correct for best performance just like someone else already said.:fingerscrossed:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    LOL DBD would know! Although he would probably suggest bonding yourself to earth only if you were running the risk of induction or haven't properly megged a path to completely eliminate the equipotential hazards.

After of course you have thoroughly soaked your boots in diesel fueling the tractor with a lit Marlboro and a rifle slung across your back.

God bless that crazy fool. Its really cold where he's hunting right now but we'll ask him if he can get home for BP.

He would probably say bonding the suit to earth like shielding is correct for best performance just like someone else already said.:fingerscrossed:

Here's to hoping he is safe and well. :thumbsup:

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    OK, so here are my thoughts on the HECS system(of course I tried it).

It does not seem to work, at least around here. I've had deer look at me and spook(can you blame them?), and I've had them look up at me and not spook. Pretty much standard operating procedure for deer.

I will say this; wild animals in regions where they rarely, if ever, come into contact with humans tend not to lose their sh!t when they see one. So if it does work at all, you're probably better off wearing them in less populous parts of the country.

Here are some of my experiences;

The other day(the day I shot my big buck), I was busted by a doe with two fawns from 30 yds away. She was on the same trajectory as the buck I took 15 minutes later when I shot him at 10 yds. Bucks this time of year tend to pay more attention to searching the ground for scent than searching trees for two legged predators.
    I say this knowing(feeling) that deer out east here, unless well camouflaged, can pick off the human shape with ease. Same goes with turkey. I had a, jake last spring, almost hop over me one his way into my calling. Then came the two long beards and they busted me sitting under that tree from 60 yds. I was wearing the suit.

I feel it not necessary to talk about the couple of times when it seemed to work because the failures seemed so blaring. They kind of rule out the few times it appeared to work.

I spent around $100 on my suit(the cheapo version) I put it on my Christmas list. To me, it was worth a test. At least I have a very light weight camo suit to use in warmer weather.

A curious side note:
    I have been using the Ozonics machine for the last few years. This thing WORKS! I have had deer walk up to my stand, catch me moving, alert to my movement, stare at me, try to wind me, calm down and feed because they could not smell me. I refuse to (deer)hunt without it. I have killed so many deer coming from down wind of me and they never knew I was there. The ability to hunt a particular stand, even when the wind is wrong, is priceless.

I'm not giving up on it yet. There may be something about you that you don't realize.

I've only really gave it a good test once. I was sitting in front of a tree and a doe walked right behind me. It had to see me but didn't think I was a threat and walked on her way. I could've shot her at 30 yards but I passed.

I will test it more in the coming months and might report (not sure)...LOL!

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    I think a lot of stuff in the hunting industry is a gimmick. I think if your pattern is broken up, your playing the wind and you’re quiet and still you won’t have a problem getting deer within bow range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom