• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I carry a 19 every day...and hate it. The reason I hate it would (mostly) be solved by this model. The 19 grip is the *perfect* length to catch the meat of my palm between the mag base and the mag well on reloads. Range days suck for that reason.

Then again, if I was going to have a 17 grip, I'd probably prefer a 17 slide anyway.

Same reason I hate my 19 and am trying to find a used 17

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This might be my next Glock, I haven't received a call to do paperwork on my G5 G19 yet?? (left a dep. Oct. 3).

Given a chance I would carry my G34 for the grip. Did Glock really overbid Sig by ~ $97,000,000 with an Commander in Chief who wrote a book "The Art of the Deal"? I'm disappointed in Glock if that is the case.

Boundless, a friend in CA says they are only allowed to buy G2's as CA has not approved any of the newer models.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This might be my next Glock, I haven't received a call to do paperwork on my G5 G19 yet?? (left a dep. Oct. 3).

Given a chance I would carry my G34 for the grip. Did Glock really overbid Sig by ~ $97,000,000 with an Commander in Chief who wrote a book "The Art of the Deal"? I'm disappointed in Glock if that is the case.

Boundless, a friend in CA says they are only allowed to buy G2's as CA has not approved any of the newer models.
    I heard that about CA, at least the Gen 2 is a great gun. Of course supply is very limited

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    the real question is will the 19x be available with 10rd mags annnnd will the standard mags (with and w/o +2 extender) be available for purchase separately and if so what sort of availability will there be?

I see me at The Nations Gun Show trying to buy a 19x and convincing the dealer to allow me to take the mags with me, but I still like to have at least 3 additional mags for each firearm I own.

Another question, if the 19x does NOT have a 10rd mag option will that keep it off the handgun roster? And if it does make the roster will the lack of 10rd mags keep it off the shelf of some dealers? I asked a counter guy at MSAR why they don't have a SIG MPX on the wall and I was told that the manager won't sell them bc they ship with 30rd mags

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    according to the article the 19x is the first Glock to have a factory colored finish other than black, but my battleship G19 sure looks factory to me.

Does anyone have any insight of this? Are the battleship G19's shipped that way from the factory? If not I would be surprised.

Doesn't sound right? Glock made the OD green frame guns, I have one and it used to be a color listed on their website. Its green poly not ceracoat.

Not sure about the ones that had matching slides and frames. The FDE ones they made a couple years ago may have been "Glock blessed"

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    according to the article the 19x is the first Glock to have a factory colored finish other than black, but my battleship G19 sure looks factory to me.

Does anyone have any insight of this? Are the battleship G19's shipped that way from the factory? If not I would be surprised.

The linked article is worded strangely. But according to Glock, the 19x has the first factory colored slide. No mention about the frame.

http://19x.glock.us

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    So this is released 1/22 or something like that. How long before we can get it in MD, ballpark?

Based on the dates of the Handgun Roster meeting minutes from last year it looks like they meet every two months. If they follow last years schedule that should be in February. This is no guarantee that the 19X will be on the agenda though. With any luck Glock will offer it in a 10 round model soon so they can present it to the board for review.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013

Anyone know that Glock 19x coming out other color (black) than FDE?:innocent0

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads