• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks guys. Any suggestions on places to live?

It depends. Do you have kids? Are you single? Loudoun is definitely more of a family oriented county. If you're looking for night life, it may not suit you.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It depends. Do you have kids? Are you single? Loudoun is definitely more of a family oriented county. If you're looking for night life, it may not suit you.

I'm 22, no family obligations. I don't really like urban areas anyway, so Loudoun isn't bad.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I checked out the range on Friday night for the first time. I liked it. Great vibe. 40-50 yr guys like me doing the RSO thing that were friendly but mostly hanging back, and good flexibility in how one can use the lane and set up your bench. If it were closer, I'd be there more often. Sighted in a couple rimfire rifles at 50 yards while it was in the low 20s outside. Good deal.

42e3eba8739e2e73132c3b0179f583f9.jpg

(Picture taken after leaving the range as they restrict photography there.)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , I blinked when the thread was new.

Is Ken792 still regularly holding forth at NRA range ?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I've enjoyed the NRA range for many years. Glad you finally made the trip! Hopefully you can get down sometime so you can include visits to the museum and café in your plans. I highly recommend both.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I've enjoyed the NRA range for many years. Glad you finally made the trip! Hopefully you can get down sometime so you can include visits to the museum and café in your plans. I highly recommend both.

Have had cravings to get a chili dog there since you mentioned this among their entrees.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I may stop by next week on Friday January 12, 2018. We are supposed to be getting a tour of NRA, the NRA Museum, then lunch at the NRA Café as part of the 2018 Winter NRA Board of Directors Meeting and Awards Ceremony. According to the agenda, there is a tour of the range after the lunch.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I may also head out there next week. Fam's out of town, so no reason not to after work. What's their policy on steel-cased / bimetal jacket ammo? Do they allow MGs and SBRs with the appropriate paperwork and "yes, I can have it out-of-state" forms?

EDIT: OK, I see MGs are a no-no.

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    They allow bimetal jacket. Tula, wolf, barnaul, is fine. Just no steel core. I have a yearly pass, if you're there Friday night you'll probably see me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

Have had cravings to get a chili dog there since you mentioned this among their entrees.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Road trip sometime in January?

The NRA range was my first (indoor) range experience. I met some office mates there to go shooting my first time in 30 years. I've been there a couple of times since 2014 too. I like it, but the traffic needs to be factored into when to go. Sunday mornings have seemed to be the best time.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Finally had a chance to head over after work. Very pleasant experience, and I suspect I'll be making a habit of the place. The RSOs were very low-key, which I appreciate. Only problem is that the controls on my lane were annoying to use... didn't respond to my input as well as they should have. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom