• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC0311

Feb 17, 2017
    I recently bought a 930 JM Pro and are having some issues and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. 1st issue is the for end is somewhat loose and wobbly. I took it apart and the retainer is intact so now I really don’t know. 2nd issue is the lifter seems to be stuck. With the bolt closed if I push in the bolt catch and hold it in I can operate the lifter freely but when I let the bolt catch go the lifter will come down and lock into place. Any ideas would be appreciated

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    while we definitely have some competition/3 gun shooters here, your audience will be a lot larger on brianenos.com. hope someone here or there can help you out.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I recently bought a 930 JM Pro and are having some issues and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. 1st issue is the for end is somewhat loose and wobbly. I took it apart and the retainer is intact so now I really don’t know. 2nd issue is the lifter seems to be stuck. With the bolt closed if I push in the bolt catch and hold it in I can operate the lifter freely but when I let the bolt catch go the lifter will come down and lock into place. Any ideas would be appreciated

My 930 SPX's fore end also had a little bit of play in it until I completely field stripped, cleaned and reassembled it for the first time. Not sure why but, now it's tight and has no wobble at all.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the lifter. I hadn't noticed mine doing that but will check it out.

I looked at the JM Pro and went with the SPX just because it seemed a bit more practical for HD. I love it. It's really a joy to shoot and runs like a champ with both buckshot and slugs. Eager to read a range report when you have a chance to post one! :D

eolCzYL.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Please keep us posted on what you find out. I was hoping to pick up my 930 JM Pro today:D, but my LGS said deliveries have been slow because of holiday shopping:rolleyes:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    That lifter issue it one that sometimes happens. The fix is to trim the lifter a little on that side. Most get it done even if they have never had the issue. Since most get the lifter notch modified like every other brand of shotgun used for 3-gun, so doing that at the same time is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom