• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I’ve done a lot of searching and I’ve read a lot of forums regarding the best optic for my SBR.

The price I would like to stay under is around 200-250.

I would most likely use this gun to punch paper and maybe some steel targets maybe one day to take a deer or go and try and take some hogs. I would be using a suppressor more then likely.

fa81ec83032279bbf16171ae0393f868.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Make sure whatever optic you choose has the ability to go down to 1x. It is an SBR after all.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    1-6 strike eagle was my first choice for my 10.5 300 blk. but later sold it and went with the 1-8 because of the increased magnification and better reticle.

reticle is night and day difference.

i got my 110 grain varmageddon to match up nicely with the MOA reticle drop points at 200 and 300 yards

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    For the OP, very nice SBR.

IMO, something that points quick and easy is exactly what's called for. Trijicon Reflex is the only place I'd go...if I had such a nice SBR.

The time honored MDS tradition is to ignore any specs the OP puts out (like price). I can't mess with tradition.

Seriously, try before you buy. I know the Reflex to be an ideal companion for an SBR. I like the much larger optic and I particularly like no batteries required...

Other than that, look at a Blitzkrieg Chevron front post with a Diamond Head rear. That bad boy points almost as good as a high quality optic. Again, until you try them, you are just shooting in the dark...

Good luck.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Here's a picture of my 50B with the Strikefire II. I may change to a fore grip, I'm not sure.

Attachments

• 50bsbr2.jpg
      50bsbr2.jpg
      113.9 KB · Views: 244

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Just a bit over the price range but the 1-6 Primary Arms is a great scope for the $. Depends how much magnification (if any) you are looking for.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'd look at variable power scopes...1x4's, 1x6's, 1x8's. What's your budget?

Really nice SBR btw

1-6 strike eagle was my first choice for my 10.5 300 blk. but later sold it and went with the 1-8 because of the increased magnification and better reticle.

reticle is night and day difference.

i got my 110 grain varmageddon to match up nicely with the MOA reticle drop points at 200 and 300 yards

These have my vote, I'm currently testing out a Strikefire red dot and will be going back to a 1 - 8x

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Vortex Spitfire 1X on a Colt AR 6721. This is nice if you have an astigmatism; you don't get that star effect you do with a red dot.

Attachments

• 20170301_195954.jpg
      20170301_195954.jpg
      90.8 KB · Views: 216

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads