• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    They always do that.

There was a guy who collected rents in Newark and had gang members families as tenants. He was denied first then Christie changed the rule and he was approved.

Wow! I didn't think the change by Christie would actually garner additional permits.
    It's gone now though with this radical that got elected Governor. Some folks are going to be missing Chris Christie now........

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    They always do that.

There was a guy who collected rents in Newark and had gang members families as tenants. He was denied first then Christie changed the rule and he was approved.

Are you sure that was not the guy that got a permit after i filed a federal lawsuit on his behalf? That sounds a lot like him.

The case got dropped because it was mooted after the state issued him a permit. That was the easiest way for NJ to get rid of the lawsuit.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Ginsberg is looking a little pale......
    She has for the last few years now. From what I gather Sotomayor isn't doing well either. Quite honestly I wish there was a better way than needing to cheer on someone's decline and death to change the courts but that's the game they play.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    She has for the last few years now. From what I gather Sotomayor isn't doing well either. Quite honestly I wish there was a better way than needing to cheer on someone's decline and death to change the courts but that's the game they play.

I agree to a point. However some of these judges are so rabidly liberal, I likely would not shed a tear if/when they pass. Some I might even cheer.

I have less and less compassion for liberals in any capacity. Even my so called friends.

They have one goal. And it is NOT LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS........

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I don't expect another 2A case to be heard until there is a filled SCOTUS vacancy. Nobody knows which way Kennedy would vote.

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    The makeup of the SCOTUS is why I worry about the fall elections. Without more CONSERVATIVE Republicans in the Senate, the nuclear option is currently the only way to approve a nominee and I am not sure that some of the current Republicans would approve another Gorsuch style appointee. It would be great to replace Ginsburg, Kennedy, and Sotomayor with constitutionalist justices. That may even convince Roberts to give up his seat to a justice who does not make up law.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The makeup of the SCOTUS is why I worry about the fall elections. Without more CONSERVATIVE Republicans in the Senate, the nuclear option is currently the only way to approve a nominee and I am not sure that some of the current Republicans would approve another Gorsuch style appointee. It would be great to replace Ginsburg, Kennedy, and Sotomayor with constitutionalist justices. That may even convince Roberts to give up his seat to a justice who does not make up law.

The "nuclear option" has already been used, to get Gorsuch to the courts.

But yes, the GOP better get on filling vacancies while the GOP has a majority.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Actually, I do think people know which way Kennedy would vote. That's why we have not seen a case.

I guarantee you if the radical lefties thought they could count on Kennedy to vote the wrong way they would have taken every 2A case that came along, and the 2A would be a distant memory nationwide instead of just in a few circuits.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    NJ case is a loss at the District Court (no surprise there): https://scholar.google.com/scholar_...4718&q="bear+arms"&hl=en&scisbd=2&as_sdt=6,49

Glad the court acted quickly at least. Hopefully the 3rd acts quickly and we get some new SCOTUS judges in the meantime.

This was the right decision. While Drake was obviously a political decision from left wing hacks who belong in concentration camps (not in judicial robes), it's not the job of the District Court to not uphold binding precedent.

Pope414

What is the time limit to appeal to the Supreme Court? The 3rd appellate court said it won't rehear any justifiable need challenge. So when will we know if it has been appealed to the Supreme Court ? I haven't seen one word anywhere about this. Living here in the People's Republic of New Jersey I am very interested in this case.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    What is the time limit to appeal to the Supreme Court? The 3rd appellate court said it won't rehear any justifiable need challenge. So when will we know if it has been appealed to the Supreme Court ? I haven't seen one word anywhere about this. Living here in the People's Republic of New Jersey I am very interested in this case.

What do you mean they won't re hear it? I think they have to take the case (appeal is by right). Maybe they won't do oral arguments but they still have to issue an opinion stating they are bound by precedent.

Pope414

What do you mean they won't re hear it? I think they have to take the case (appeal is by right). Maybe they won't do oral arguments but they still have to issue an opinion stating they are bound by precedent.

The 3rd circut denied it bound by precedent in Drake . I know this was the expected outcome. I was just wondering when the request for cert. has to be filed by and if anyone heard or read anything about it?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The 3rd circut denied it bound by precedent in Drake . I know this was the expected outcome. I was just wondering when the request for cert. has to be filed by and if anyone heard or read anything about it?

Can you point to a link? I haven't heard this, even though that is whatll happen.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I don't have iTunes but I'll take your word.

Did they say they would try for en banc?

Otherwise they have 90 days to petition SCOTUS, although they could easily extend that deadline.

Plaintiffs have asked for Summary Action

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom