• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    i too feel a disturbance in the force.

Hmm. I certainly hope I am not the source of the bad waves you are picking up. No flame war here. That kind of statement does annoy me. I think it's naive considering the myriad of responsibilities a governor has. I personally know some of the people who have been on business development trips with the Governor, including this one. It's a good thing for Maryland and part of the job for anyone in his position.

All done. Back to your regularly recorded programming...

[edit]
    BTW, the guys in the picture run an Israeli company that today announced they are relocating their headquarters to Hunt Valley and will be adding jobs.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    We are truly blessed that the MSP are psychic.

Psychic psychiatrists. They can predict the furture AND determine Anxiety and its degree of personalness, whether within or beyond personal anxiety.

That's barely a coherent sentence.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Bring the deposit slips. Provide MSP with something to show why you, by name, should have a wear & carry permit. It'll stand you in good stead.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    So I have been helping several people going through the wear and carry permitting process. One of which, who is female, was robbed at gun point in Baltimore.

She took the wear and carry course, completed all requirements and submitted her application back in August. Just today her interviewing trooper called her and scheduled the in person appt. Along with scheduling a date, she told my friend that MSP won't issue a permit based on the robbery, so she should bring her business info along. She is an employee, not the owner. The trooper also said that the robbery wasn't a "personal assault, just a crime of opportunity".

This infuriates me! I have done this with several people and I am f'ing tired of fighting this BS.

Edit: MSP also told this person to bring business owner paperwork and DEPOSIT SLIPS!!!!!!!

EDITTED TITLE

Did she take the class with the Hagerstown company that can get everyone a Permit?
    ;)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And the sh*tstorm that would have followed would be worse than it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Kersey

Apr 20, 2011
    Westminster
    I was denied a few years back for a similar reason. At my pow wow with the trooper he denied me because it wasn't "a continued personal threat."

I guess it was just my luck to be stuck up in Baltimore...

TheNewGuy

Jul 17, 2015
    Yep. More and more folks are doing that here in Baltimore. They realize the police can't/won't help them when their life is on the line.

I only wish that I were one of them, but I just can't bring myself to cross that line.

There is actually a legal protection in this case that the Baltimore folks should know about. "The law of lesser harms" which has been phrased slightly different depending on your jurisdiction protects people who commit a crime in order to prevent a greater crime. Such as, carrying a handgun illegally to prevent your own murder. Im not a lawyer but i did read Massad Ayoob's book "Deadly Force" and it was a huge eye opener.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    There is actually a legal protection in this case that the Baltimore folks should know about. "The law of lesser harms" which has been phrased slightly different depending on your jurisdiction protects people who commit a crime in order to prevent a greater crime. Such as, carrying a handgun illegally to prevent your own murder. Im not a lawyer but i did read Massad Ayoob's book "Deadly Force" and it was a huge eye opener.

I wouldn't want to be the test case. :shrug:

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD

I would like to see that argument had with a Baltimore City officer. It would at very least put a smile on their face right before you are thrown into a wagon and taken to Madison street to have a nice stay in Hotel Central Booking .

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Look up Keyna Oduyoye.

Arrested in Baltimore in the summer of 2012 for illegally discharging, transporting, and carrying a legally owned and registered handgun after defending herself and husband while they were being robbed.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Look up Keyna Oduyoye.

Arrested in Baltimore in the summer of 2012 for illegally discharging, transporting, and carrying a legally owned and registered handgun after defending herself and husband while they were being robbed.

I cannot find a news article abiut the dispositon of the case, only articles on the initital arrest. I assume she beat the charges and had them expunged, because there are no records that i can find for her name on case search.
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...20620_1_carry-permit-keyna-oduyoye-gun-owners

That would be consistent with Gunther v state and Crawford v state.

If there was a different outcome, let me know.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    words can't describe how sickening it is to obtain a permit in the God forbidden state!maybe after 2018 if hogans elected for a 2nd term he'll come out of the closet on the 2nd amendment and g&s stance! i still have my doubts though.........

Perhaps on 3rd term.... oh wait... :rolleyes:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I cannot find a news article abiut the dispositon of the case, only articles on the initital arrest. I assume she beat the charges and had them expunged, because there are no records that i can find for her name on case search.
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...20620_1_carry-permit-keyna-oduyoye-gun-owners

That would be consistent with Gunther v state and Crawford v state.

If there was a different outcome, let me know.

She's in there -- a lot actually...

While she was given a PBJ for the carrying without a permit charge, I'm not sure what happened with the others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom