• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I thought that they asked for police reports - now only business info?

Hopefully your friend misunderstood and she gets her wear and carry

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I'm "Christian"; can I articulate that as a G&S reason? Ya know; convert or die at the hands of "lone wolf, but not lone wolf" terrorists.

I guess the religion thing would make me part of the cult.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I applaud Montoya for assisting others who are confounded by the morass of statutory, regulatory, and procedural impediments, along with the MSP LD's long held traditions, that serve to impede exercise of the fundamental right to self-defense. The system has been rigged against its citizens by moronic, unicorn and rainbow loving liberals for way too long.

I don't know anything about the applicants situation, but if true it sounds like she will be a good appellant before the HPRB. Yes that's a PIA, and shouldnt be necessary, but it will further expose those who continue to deny the right to self-defense. In the meantime, I suggest we all vote as many of the clowns that created, have refused to correct, or that have double downed on their predecessors abuse of Liberty out of the Legislature.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I thought that they asked for police reports - now only business info?

Hopefully your friend misunderstood and she gets her wear and carry

No misunderstanding. She applied under self-defense and included the police report of the incident. The interviewing trooper told her that MSP did not issue permits for "crimes of opportunity" and that she should brings business ownership paperwork and deposit slips to her in person interview.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    No misunderstanding. She applied under self-defense and included the police report of the incident. The interviewing trooper told her that MSP did not issue permits for "crimes of opportunity" and that she should brings business ownership paperwork and deposit slips to her in person interview.
    What's robbing a business owner if not a crime of opportunity? "I saw the guy with a bag of money, I thought it was a good opportunity so I robbed him"

Dec 31, 2012
    What's robbing a business owner if not a crime of opportunity? "I saw the guy with a bag of money, I thought it was a good opportunity so I robbed him"
    Only if you're wearing this jacket.

Attachments

• coat.jpg
      coat.jpg
      28 KB · Views: 818

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If she was touched/grabbed, she was physically assaulted.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

And with that, you uncover a flaw in their rationalization. The number of crimes of opportunity where a victim is robbed in a neighborhood with elevated crime rates likely far exceeds premeditated robbery targeting a business person because that person is more likely to have cash (especially in areas with lower crime rates). In fact, in the comparison, the second situation may occur 10-fold or more less frequently that the first. So how does the math-challenged state determine that this less likely event constitutes a good and substantial (i.e. when there is no substantial) reason?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    MSP likes playing the odds. Problem is, they're gambling with our lives. Recall the rape victim who was denied a permit afterwards because "the odds of being raped twice are extremely low."

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Hmmm, not sure why but I am sensing future action by Thor . . .

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    :smoke: when we first started going to the HPRB, there were a few cases that i remember. first, was someone being robbed at gun point-denied=crime of opportunity, the second was someone trying to get a permit for the fact the guy who robbed him was getting out of jail-denied=the individual had no further contact with the defendant in the five years he was in prison.

as for the criminal having the address, etc., the rationale is that anyone can google your name and get your address, be it the criminal who robbed you or anyone who wants to robbed you. logic, my friend, logic. :shrug:

So I have been helping several people going through the wear and carry permitting process. One of which, who is female, was robbed at gun point in Baltimore.

She took the wear and carry course, completed all requirements and submitted her application back in August. Just today her interviewing trooper called her and scheduled the in person appt. Along with scheduling a date, she told my friend that MSP won't issue a permit based on the robbery, so she should bring her business info along. She is an employee, not the owner. The trooper also said that the robbery wasn't a "personal assault, just a crime of opportunity".

This infuriates me! I have done this with several people and I am f'ing tired of fighting this BS.

Edit: MSP also told this person to bring business owner paperwork and DEPOSIT SLIPS!!!!!!!

EDITTED TITLE

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    More and more acquaintances are telling me they are not concerned with MSP blessing and doing what they feel necessary to protect themselves and families.
    They have calculated odds.

I do not necessarily condone this.

Yep. More and more folks are doing that here in Baltimore. They realize the police can't/won't help them when their life is on the line.

I only wish that I were one of them, but I just can't bring myself to cross that line.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    There was indeed a nurse who was assaulted and received a permit because of it. When she went to renew, the MSP decided her threat shelf-life had expired. The MSP overturned the MSP and re-issued her permit. This nurse received a permit because she was previously a victim, not a nurse and not a business owner. I see no difference in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom