• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tenhoff

Sep 14, 2012
    From what I hear, if you have a gen 2 glock, you can send it into the factory to "upgrade" the frame to gen 3. My question is, would I need to have an HQL to do this? From what I understand, the frame is what's considered the gun, and it has to be mailed back to my local ffl, so when they transfer it back to me, is there any paper work I would need to do where they might ask me for an HQL? I bought this handgun before I moved to Maryland and haven't bought an HQL yet. any light would be appreciated.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Are they going to give you the same serial number in a new frame or do they modify the existing frame? If it's a different serial number then my guess would be yes but I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenhoff

Sep 14, 2012
    From what I've read, they destroy the old frame, and send you a new one that has a different serial number.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    From what I hear, if you have a gen 2 glock, you can send it into the factory to "upgrade" the frame to gen 3. My question is, would I need to have an HQL to do this? From what I understand, the frame is what's considered the gun, and it has to be mailed back to my local ffl, so when they transfer it back to me, is there any paper work I would need to do where they might ask me for an HQL? I bought this handgun before I moved to Maryland and haven't bought an HQL yet. any light would be appreciated.
    What model is it? Don't send it back. Gen 2 is where it's at. I may buy it from you or trade you a Gen 3 frame depending on the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom