• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Research the candidates and post up your findings, including the documentation to support those findings. I will update this post so we have 1 quick-refernece list

State list reference - http://www.elections.maryland.gov/elections/2016/primary_candidates/gen_cand_lists_2016_3_007-.html
    Campaign funding data - http://www.campaignmoney.com - contributor list spreadsheets are available there.

List of candidates running for US Senate

Szeliga, Kathy (R)
    • Served as a member in the MD House of Delegates
    • "A" rating from NRA-PVF in 2014
    • Familiar with Firearms, and has spent time at gun ranges with community members - see post 14
    • Support received from Citizens United see post 24
    • Support received from by Andy Harris see post 25

Wallace, Dave (R)
    Pro 2 Amendment - see post d4

Donna Edwards (D) - DINO pick

• Running anti-2A ads, calling for "assault weapon bans"
    • Against Concealed Carry - see post 14

Chris Van Hollen (D)
    long time anti-2A

Freddie Donald Dickson (D)
    "100% 2nd amendment will never support anything against the rights of 2nd amendment !!!" - see post 34

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks. I just added her in. Time to get the community elections tracking project back up and running again... :)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Have already received 3 mailings from Kathy Szeliga, none from any others. Winning against the Dem will take no small level of organization and persistence. And $$$. Name recognition is a big issue.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have already donated twice to Kathy Szeliga. Definitely pro 2A but more important pro self defense.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Maryland Shall Issue has sent out a Candidate survey, as we get them back, we will post them and make them available.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I have already donated twice to Kathy Szeliga. Definitely pro 2A but more important pro self defense.

So, she'll be giving up her seat in the MGA, which is a loss of a 2A voice there. Who is running to take her place there? Or will we lose that seat, too?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Only if she wins I would think. Could hogan appoint her replacement?

Ah, I forgot that the next MGA election is 2018, so she'd just go back there until then. Don't know about appointment of replacement, but shouldn't be hard to find out.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    All the campaign advertising from the Dems (both Senate and House) that I have seen on TV scare me because of their anti- 2A rants. I have not seen any ads from the Republican in the Senate race.

Cal68

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just got off the phone with Donna Edwards office and I was informed that she is totaly against concealed carry because of what happened in SC. She believes that right should be taken away and will fight against a nationwide concealed carry permit.. Like if your drivers license is good in one state its good in all fifty..

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    I just got off the phone with Donna Edwards office and I was informed that she is totaly against concealed carry because of what happened in SC. She believes that right should be taken away and will fight against a nationwide concealed carry permit.. Like if your drivers license is good in one state its good in all fifty..

So therefore she is for open-carry? That's the only logical explanation. :sarcasm:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    PSA:

Today, 4/5/16 at 9:00pm is the deadline to register/re-register to vote in the 2016 primaries.

All you Donna Edwards fans better get registered NOW! 7 hours to act! :)

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks to all.

All basic info from posts to this point extracted to OP and referenced from there. If I missed some information, please let me know and I will work to get in another update

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Kathy Szeliga, her family and some of her staff took the time to learn about firearms during the summer of her first year at the MGA. She was the guest of Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club Club Instructor/NRA Women On Target Clinic Director. Mrs. Szeliga and her group spent several hours at the AGC pistol range firing a variety of handguns and asking a lot of questions regarding gun ownership.

I admired the fact she took the time to learn about gun safety and what constitutes responsible firearm ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom