• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    IIRC you need your employer's permission to carry on the job which it sounds like this guy didn't have. Also, school isn't one of the destinations where you can transport a handgun. Sounds like another instance of making a law when there are already ones on the books that cover the same thing.

Somehow the prosecutor believed current laws did not apply to this situation. Perhaps the school employees reason for having the gun to transfer it to a gunsmith was accepted by the State's Attorney. If that exemption applied in this case then maybe they will try to make transport laws tighter as in clearly defining that you can't stop for any reason when traveling from one lawful location to another. Good luck taking a bathroom break on your next hunting trip from Central MD to Western MD.

These lunatics will stop at nothing. To liberals anything that is not illegal is a "loophole".

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Changing the law to include private schools will open up a whole new can of worms. Knowing the ways MD legislators write laws, the interpretations could go through the ceiling. For example, are home schools private schools? Are private day cares? If my significant other runs a private daycare, can I not own guns in my own home? Can no one carry within the established distance around my home? These are just a few that come to mind. I'm sure there are a whole lot more.

Add to your list; dance, gymnastics, music schools. As we have seen before the polititions in this state and MD state police admistration can not be trusted.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Somehow the prosecutor believed current laws did not apply to this situation. Perhaps the school employees reason for having the gun to transfer it to a gunsmith was accepted by the State's Attorney. If that exemption applied in this case then maybe they will try to make transport laws tighter as in clearly defining that you can't stop for any reason when traveling from one lawful location to another. Good luck taking a bathroom break on your next hunting trip from Central MD to Western MD.

These lunatics will stop at nothing. To liberals anything that is not illegal is a "loophole".

I'm pretty sure I read one of the resident lawyers here saying he was defending a client for stopping at a restaurant on the way home from the range (at which time his firearm was stolen from his vehicle). So I think they have at least indicted people for this.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm pretty sure I read one of the resident lawyers here saying he was defending a client for stopping at a restaurant on the way home from the range (at which time his firearm was stolen from his vehicle). So I think they have at least indicted people for this.

I believe it. Sad and Pathetic! :sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The Federal GFSZA covers, public, private and parochial schools now. This would change state law.

Attachments

• gun_free_school_zone_notice.pdf
      933.2 KB · Views: 143

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The Federal GFSZA covers, public, private and parochial schools now. This would change state law.

Excellent point. Apparently the Feds didn't want to prosecute. I guarantee you that Montgomery County referred it to the Feds for prosecution. It would only make the news if they decided to prosecute.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    This is retarded, the guy did nothing wrong. The place is NOT a public school, and frankly I don't think he should have been fired.

I'd be surprised if the 'paraphernalia' wasn't work related piping or something.

Anything to screw 2A supporters I guess

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    i don't agree with the proposal, but the next BIGGER question is this, why in the eff, did the guy not secure his gun from all unauthorized persons. i know i will get hammered over this, but i am all about firearm safety and securing a gun is at the top of the list.

with the gun so easily reached, wouldn't one wonder what if a kid did the snooping and found the gun and removed it, for his/ her own fun, which, even though it was going to be repaired, could still be perceived as a threat to someone who knows nothing about guns, or to an officer responding to a call "a kid has a gun" and the response ended it a tragedy much like the kid with the toy AK had out west last month. :sad20:

this plays perfect into the hands of the anti's as it demonstrates a law abiding gun owner was reckless in locking the damn thing up. he wouldn't be in trouble if he only took a minute to secure it.

What about the bigger question, why was another school employee snooping around this guys office, and why wasnt he counter charged with attempted theft?

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Do they really have nothing better to do, nothing else in this state that can be improved? This is all they have to focus on?

Maryland must be a really great place since they have so little to worry about. /sarcasm

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Excellent point. Apparently the Feds didn't want to prosecute. I guarantee you that Montgomery County referred it to the Feds for prosecution. It would only make the news if they decided to prosecute.

From reading other posts elsewhere, the Federal charge is an add on to other state charges. If Montgomery County couldn't prosecute, I guess the Feds really were not interested in pursuing it.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    i don't agree with the proposal, but the next BIGGER question is this, why in the eff, did the guy not secure his gun from all unauthorized persons. i know i will get hammered over this, but i am all about firearm safety and securing a gun is at the top of the list.

with the gun so easily reached, wouldn't one wonder what if a kid did the snooping and found the gun and removed it, for his/ her own fun, which, even though it was going to be repaired, could still be perceived as a threat to someone who knows nothing about guns, or to an officer responding to a call "a kid has a gun" and the response ended it a tragedy much like the kid with the toy AK had out west last month. :sad20:

this plays perfect into the hands of the anti's as it demonstrates a law abiding gun owner was reckless in locking the damn thing up. he wouldn't be in trouble if he only took a minute to secure it.

No hammering from me. I agree the guy was careless. We don't legislation to deal with it though.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    No hammering from me. I agree the guy was careless. We don't legislation to deal with it though.

then how do we deal with future ignorance? {this is the anti's mantra} every time someone effs up, we all get blamed, and suffer the consequences.

how do we PREVENT these types of snafu's? this makes me sick.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    What about military prep schools, they have rifles on their properties. Doesn't Georgetown Prep have fire arms on their campus? That's a private school.

Mr H

Banana'd
    then how do we deal with future ignorance? {this is the anti's mantra} every time someone effs up, we all get blamed, and suffer the consequences.

The first thing, is to point up the hypocrisy.

Calls, letters, emails to anyone and everyone you can, showing the disingenuous nature of Baron von Frosh (on many things), and how he is NOT to be trusted.

Jessica's Law, declaring on the Senate floor how members "need" to vote on FSA13, accepting Bloombat as his lord and savior (lowercase intentional), and now this.

This will be especially important if the communications come from WITHIN HIS DISTRICT.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Cross-posted

D-16 Political Roundup: Frosh Gets Big Endorsement, Fundraising Deadline Approaches

Frosh Gets Endorsement From Bloomberg — New York City Mayor and gun control proponent Michael Bloomberg endorsed D-16 State Sen. Brian Frosh in Frosh’s bid for Maryland Attorney General, according to the Washington Post. Bloomberg’s term as mayor ends in a few weeks. He is co-chairman of Mayors Against Illegal Guns and has contributed big money in his push for tighter gun control legislation.

Bloomberg praised Frosh for his role in moving along new gun control legislation in Maryland earlier this year. The laws went into effect in October. Frosh proposed strict gun control legislation after the Newtown shooting. As chair of the State Senate’s Judicial Proceedings Committee he also helped the modified legislation pass despite some staunch opposition.

“Reducing gun violence in America is a moral and social imperative,” Bloomberg said in a statement. “No one has done more in Maryland than Brian Frosh to lead the fight against illegal guns and protect citizens from incidents of gun violence.”

"I’m honored to have Mayor Bloomberg’s support,” Frosh said. “His efforts to prevent gun violence have been an example for the nation, and we believe that Maryland’s new law will save thousands

Attachments

• Frosh Pajama.jpg
      Frosh Pajama.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 188

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County

Lafferty’s office was 300 to 400 yards away from places where students congregated

and

revolver had been unloaded and holstered

Should he have locked up his firearm. Absolutely. Do I think that he was negligent in his actions. Nope. He was a minimum of 300 yards away from students. There are a ton of schools that have many houses within 100 yards. Am I supposed to believe that all of these houses are gun free?

At some point the responsibility needs to be put back on the students and other staff. And you accomplish that by training everyone.

We as a nation realized that driving accidents years ago were a huge public hazard so they decided to require driving classes in the schools. So why not firearms safety training in the schools? Even a week as part of a health class to teach responsible firearms handling and to teach the dangers of firearms.

I think we need to ensure we do not overreact in this situation as I'm sure in the state of Maryland if that man could have been charged, he would have been.

ducduk

Apr 28, 2013
    he was wrong leaving a gun where someone could take a pic also for having a gun without permission on school property it doesn t take a brain surgeon to figure out this was wrong period also why would you give the antis more ammo this guy is the type that gives us a bad name bloomberg loves this stupidity

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom