• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    Oh I'm aware, Engage Armament is only 5 min from me:).

I spent most of grade school in Bethesda and know a handful of pro gun guys but I haven't spoken to them in a while. 1 of them in is Montana.

You can actually shoot around here too? Awesome:thumbsup:

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    The thing that sucks about MoCo is that there is a decent-sized military population (which leans conservative), but since they are essentially a transient population with no voting in-state (unless they are MD residents), they are not used or represented. It would be great if there were some way to get them to the ballot box here, but it seems unlikely.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Oh I'm aware, Engage Armament is only 5 min from me:).

I spent most of grade school in Bethesda and know a handful of pro gun guys but I haven't spoken to them in a while. 1 of them in is Montana.

You can actually shoot around here too? Awesome:thumbsup:

Gilberts is the closest range to you. You can't bring your own ammo to shoot, but is is close by :-)
    Anoter gun shop near you is Atlantic Guns in Rockville

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    The thing that sucks about MoCo is that there is a decent-sized military population (which leans conservative), but since they are essentially a transient population with no voting in-state (unless they are MD residents), they are not used or represented. It would be great if there were some way to get them to the ballot box here, but it seems unlikely.

Cant you be registered in 2 states and still vote in MD? Didn't a state rep do it for a few years?

or..they could bring in a couple of power bills, a copy of their Leave and Earning Statement (yes, I am old-er) and receive a DL. Call themselves "New Marylanders"

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Montgomery County :crazy:

Obama-Biden 323400 70.92%
    Romney-Ryan 123353 27.05%

Any further questions?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This.

No matter which Dem runs in the primary, they all think alike. And since Repubs have no chance, it's a huge waste of time that could better be spent elsewhere.

But feel free to spin your wheels here in la la land.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    House of Delegates
    Legislative District 15
    (Vote for No More Than Three)
    Party Total Votes %
    Kathleen Dumais Democratic 23,476 20.74%
    Brian J. Feldman Democratic 23,120 20.43%
    Aruna Miller Democratic 21,353 18.87%
    Sylvia J. Darrow Republican 14,490 12.8%
    Scott Graham Republican 15,298 13.52%
    Matthew Mockerman Republican 13,477 11.91%
    Arvin Vohra Libertarian 1,910 1.69%
    Other Write-Ins 54 0.05%

This is the general election results, District 15 selects 3 rep/dem delegates in primaries and then 3 total in general.

Dem Primary Results

House of Delegates
    Legislative District 15
    Democratic (Vote for No More Than Three)
    Party Total Votes %
    Kathleen Dumais Democratic 6086 30.56%
    Brian J. Feldman Democratic 6262 31.44%
    David Fraser-Hidalgo Democratic 1755 8.81%
    Aruna Miller Democratic 4671 23.45%
    Lara Wibeto Democratic 1142 5.73%

This is all from http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2010/index.html

If I read all of this correctly, District 15 only had about 6500 Dem voters for the primary but likely 4-5 times that for the general

A DINO could run on a platform very similar to the Democrats and be a Pro-2A supporter. Campaign signs knocking the other Democratic challengers and incumbents on being soft on crime and pro-criminal would be very effective.

It would be easy to pick off Aruna Miller in the primaries. Feldman is also a possibility if you have 2 strong DINO candidates. Dumais is too entrenched in MoCo politics, but if you pick off her two supporters AND give her a serious run for her money, it will send a message. Miller only had about 4600 votes for the primaries!! With my connections in District 15, it shouldn't be too hard to muster that many voters.

Believe it or not, its not as hard as one might think. We just need some good candidates.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    A DINO could run on a platform very similar to the Democrats and be a Pro-2A supporter. Campaign signs knocking the other Democratic challengers and incumbents on being soft on crime and pro-criminal would be very effective.

It would be easy to pick off Aruna Miller in the primaries. Feldman is also a possibility if you have 2 strong DINO candidates. Dumais is too entrenched in MoCo politics, but if you pick off her two supporters AND give her a serious run for her money, it will send a message. Miller only had about 4600 votes for the primaries!! With my connections in District 15, it shouldn't be too hard to muster that many voters.

Believe it or not, its not as hard as one might think. We just need some good candidates.

+1:thumbsup:

I have already convinced 10 conservative friends in Montgomery county to DINO themselves and I am working on more. This could definitely happen!

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Get some magnets printed (or buy the sheets of magnet paper and print them yourself) that say something simple like "Delegate Dumais voted for the gas tax increase. Vote her out in 2014" and stick them on all the gas pumps you use in her district. Remind people every time they fill up how she screwed them.

Do this for all the anti-2A legislators. Even if they voted against the gas tax, say they voted for it. Spread it on all the gas pumps and people will remember that on election day and vote against those officials.

Make it a fight against the tax increases, against the pitbull ban, against the rain tax, against giving driver's licenses to illegals. They did enough this year for people to vote them out. We don't have to press 2A issues to accomplish our goals.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Get some magnets printed (or buy the sheets of magnet paper and print them yourself) that say something simple like "Delegate Dumais voted for the gas tax increase. Vote her out in 2014" and stick them on all the gas pumps you use in her district. Remind people every time they fill up how she screwed them.

Do this for all the anti-2A legislators. Even if they voted against the gas tax, say they voted for it. Spread it on all the gas pumps and people will remember that on election day and vote against those officials.

Make it a fight against the tax increases, against the pitbull ban, against the rain tax, against giving driver's licenses to illegals. They did enough this year for people to vote them out. We don't have to press 2A issues to accomplish our goals.

That's a great point. I think the Rain Tax and Gas Tax alone will get them out. Giving driver's license to undocumented won't have any pull in District 15. Many here support it especially if it will require them to get insurance as well. But the Rain and Gas tax....that has a lot of people mad.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Well funded Democratic candidates can win here in the People's Republic, as demonstrated in our recent Congressional race. Who had ever heard of John Delaney?

We just need one or more pro-2A candidates for the GA so we can get rid of Dumais.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom