• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Would they be banned from the day the law is passed or is this a new twist and the MGA is making something that people may already own now illegal to buy or own? Like the Bushmaster crap-ban it by name or however we're supposed to interperet that ********.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I believe the ohio mass shooter used an anderson lower built into pistol form. And Baron von frosh thinks that is unacceptable that they aren't banned in Maryland.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Would they be banned from the day the law is passed or is this a new twist and the MGA is making something that people may already own now illegal to buy or own? Like the Bushmaster crap-ban it by name or however we're supposed to interperet that ********.

They are trying to add that to the list that were banned in October 2013. So it would be retroactively... according to the wording now.

P.S. The Bushmaster is not understood correctly. Its not banned by the company name. There was a Bushmaster Rifle that was banned however MSP is screwing that up right now and acting like any Bushmaster AR is banned. You can not ban one manufacturer and not another. Thats not legal. Everything is so screwed up right now...

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    They are trying to add that to the list that were banned in October 2013. So it would be retroactively... according to the wording now.

P.S. The Bushmaster is not understood correctly. Its not banned by the company name. There was a Bushmaster Rifle that was banned however MSP is screwing that up right now and acting like any Bushmaster AR is banned. You can not ban one manufacturer and not another. Thats not legal. Everything is so screwed up right now...

I was trying to say what you posted but it was late. The Bushmaster gun banned is some goofy gun and the MSP has gone full retard thinking it is all Bushmasters.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    This is the Bushmaster that is banned in Maryland...not any other, get with it MSP.

Attachments

• IMG_3628.jpg
      IMG_3628.jpg
      24.4 KB · Views: 881

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    That could be...my memory has the goony pistol being banned under "assault pistols" but I could be wrong. Either of them being banned doesn't mean that the MSPs banning all Bushmasters is any more correct as far as the law states. I've never seen the rifles until now, but then again getting older, my memory isn't what it used to be.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Anyways - I am trying to figure out if an Anderson in an SBR configuration would be illegal.

Well, a Colt lower in an SBR configuration is not illegal, as long as it complies with the Copycat rules like being >29" OAL.

I dont want to say too much more, but this bill is a prime example of ignorance and silly reactive policies.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well, a Colt lower in an SBR configuration is not illegal, as long as it complies with the Copycat rules like being >29" OAL.

I dont want to say too much more, but this bill is a prime example of ignorance and silly reactive policies.

Well that's what I thought, until the president of MSI said he was "not sure". When he talks, I listen.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Anyways - I am trying to figure out if an Anderson in an SBR configuration would be illegal.

If you SBR something, aren't you the manufacturer?

I suspect this is true when building a stripped lower into something non NFA. You are technically the manufacturer... On the Federal level anyways.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Yes, but Bushmaster declined to pursue this, so screw them.

They basically said, we don't care about MD as a market.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

I suspect this is true when building a stripped lower into something non NFA. You are technically the manufacturer... On the Federal level anyways.

Yes to the first.

No to the second, as the lower IS the firearm to the Feds.

Problem is, if you purchased an Anderson lower, then later SBRed it, MSP has not idea it is an SBR now.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

You're definitely the manufacturer. The question is whether it's considered a copy of a prohibited rifle. That is a problem right this second if you have a post-ban non-HBAR AR-15 SBR in 5.56, so I am not quite sure why people are suddenly freaking out about the Andersons in this context. Historically, the legislature never intended for SBRs to be included in the banned rifles list, hence why the SBR variants of certain rifles were omitted (example: Galil SAR).

Personal thoughts:
    1. I doubt the bill is going anywhere. Frosh does not have a bunch of political leverage in his current position.
    2. If it does pass, it will be amended to have grandfathering.
    3. If it does pass, I still don't think SBRs or AR pistols are covered by the ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom