• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK,
    Ive had my stamp a while but have not built it up yet.
    I need to figure out what components to buy.
    If I can get a solvent trap kit, properly modify it and add a piston/booster (I think that is what I need?) or what ever, that's fine.
    I just want something reliable.
    I'll of coarse need the threaded barrel too.

suggestions?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What happens when I put a suppressor with the booster on a pistol caliber carbine ? Will it be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Use a solid spacer instead of the booster spring it turns it into a fixed supressor.

jonathanglock

Oct 8, 2011
    Smithsburg, MD
    From another forum:

As others mentioned, the suppressor will keep banging into the end of the barrel and is not good for either the barrel or the suppressor.
    I've personally seen someone forget to disable the booster on a suppressor and have it completely cracking the trunnion out of an M11/9 SMG. It completely separated the trunnion and it fell out of the gun. I immediately told the shooter what I though caused the problem and they vehemently denied forgetting to change the spring out for the fixed spacer. On inspection they discovered they were wrong and had accidentally left it in.

I've also seen a Colt 9mm SMG where the threads snapped off of the end of the barrel from the same thing.

Now admittedly these were SMG's so they're operating under high heat. The higher the heat, the lower the strength of material (at least for barrel stee

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Gemtech sells boosters and fixed mounts. Most D cell solvent traps have an adaptor that will fit a Gemtech thread https://sdtacticalarms.com/MBTA-for-Silencerco-Battlecomp-and-others_p_1195.html
    1 suppressor I may or may not have built has an adaptor so it may use a 1/2 x28 Gemtech mount (for a Glock 17 and a 1/2 x36 mount (for 9mm ARs). The other end has a thread so it may use the SD tactical muzzle brake. A form 1 suppressor application requires that you specify the length of the tube. The size of the hole is up to you.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    so, I"m looking at other 9mm component choices and what throws me is the use of a booster from other companies.
    HOw do I find the thread size of the boosters to make sure the tube will match it?

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    the adapter sold by Sdtacticalarms
    https://sdtacticalarms.com/-Adapter-for-D-size-for-Booster-and-3-Lug-Mount_p_154.html
    Ask them if this is the one for Gemtech/ Liberty booster. I may have one that looks just like this on one end of the suppressor- for 1/2 x28 fixed mounts(Gemtech) and LID/booster (Gemtech, Liberty) use as well as for 1/2 x36 (Gemtech) fixed mount for 9mm AR pistol use. Then the standard sdtactical muzzle brake mount on the other end for use on AR15 rifles/pistols that may have SDtactical arms muzzle brakes/flash suppressors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom