• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hey, question for ya’ll. I’ve had stuff sent to UPS stores (out of state) to be held in the past and honestly I can’t remember how it was sent before, but I called to double check that a package was received and was told this time they had it, but it was USPS and that they can’t receive USPS packages, only FedEx or UPS and that they would hold it, but only this one time.

Anyone know of places that will ship to non-MD addresses, with MD billing addresses that you can affirmatively select UPS or FedEx?

If it helps any, it came from gunmag warehouse and I can select UPS, but even though under info it says UPS ground is an option, checking out my choices are USPS priority, UPS 1 or 2 day air (for a hell of a lot more in shipping).

I know Midway I can select UPS shipping and prices on shipping are reasonable and I don’t think they’ll hassle me about >10rnd mags so long as the shipping address is outside of MD.

Any other options out there? I can mostly shop at out of state shows or stores is normally fine, but sometimes I need a mag for a firearm and my options are search around a lot to track it down out of state, or order it and have it shipped over the line.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Trouble is that some mags are like unicorns. So you have to find the intersection of someone who carries it and who ships UPS/FedEx. Unfortunately, there is no simple answer except hunt around. Manufacturers like CZ and HK often ship UPS/FedEx, so there is that possibility.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Trouble is that some mags are like unicorns. So you have to find the intersection of someone who carries it and who ships UPS/FedEx. Unfortunately, there is no simple answer except hunt around. Manufacturers like CZ and HK often ship UPS/FedEx, so there is that possibility.

Yeah, I guess you are right. Well, on a bright side (I suppose), a couple I’ve seen that are uncommon, or at least uncommon at a decent price, the one or two places I’ve seen them are smaller, so I could probably call up and ask if they could be shipped FedEx or whatever instead of “luck of the draw” on how they’ll ship it.

kyserthehun

Jul 24, 2016
    If you find a site that lets you chose your shipper you can use any billing address if you use a privacy.com card. You connect it to a checking acct like paypal and they generate a temporary "credit card" for you to use. Privacy.com referral link I use it to ship magazines from Brownells to the UPS store in Shrews.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If you find a site that lets you chose your shipper you can use any billing address if you use a privacy.com card. You connect it to a checking acct like paypal and they generate a temporary "credit card" for you to use. Privacy.com referral link I use it to ship magazines from Brownells to the UPS store in Shrews.

Good to know, thanks!

I guess another thing too is with as much of a pain it is for me to do that 1.5hr round trip there, next time I order stuff from where ever, don’t just get a few mags, but a couple of hundred dollars worth. A $30 premium for UPS 2nd day isn’t that bad when diluted over $200 or mags. Especially when I am paying a couple bucks less each than, say, driving to Cabelas (and spending an hour less of my time, toll money and more gas. Though I do love visiting Cabela’s every once in awhile)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Another problem is that the USPS does some deliveries for UPS. You could have the item shipped through UPS and on the delivery end it gets transferred to USPS for final delivery. I don't think you have any control over that

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Another problem is that the USPS does some deliveries for UPS. You could have the item shipped through UPS and on the delivery end it gets transferred to USPS for final delivery. I don't think you have any control over that

Well, I think some things like 2 day air is always UPS terminal delivery, but yeah, I’ve had Midway stuff shipped UPS that ended up being USPS last mile. Though that was with their cheapest delivery option, not specifically selecting UPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom