• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Saw this article today:
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/3333674-blackrock-seeks-response-gunmakers?uprof=29&dr=1#email_link

BlackRock (NYSE:BLK) will speak with weapons manufacturers "to understand their response" to the second-deadliest public school shooting in U.S. history, putting pressure on American Outdoor Brands (NASDAQ:AOBC) and Sturm, Ruger & Company (NYSE:RGR).

While it has stopped short of saying it would divest its funds of gunmakers, BlackRock is the largest shareholder in both companies and has more than $6T in assets under management.

This doesn't sound good to me.

Best contact I could find is:
    BRIAN BEADES
    Head of Americas
    Office: +1 212 810 5596
    brian.beades@blackrock.com

I'll try to get a hold of this guy today. Just though a little noise from the 'other' side might help.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If you see a company more interested in politics than their bottom line, short them and buy the market. Management has too much time on their hands and is not paying attention to the competiton creeping up on them. Management should be focusing 100% on making money. Obviously, Blackrock is cushy making too much. Or thinks it is. Actually I work with Blackrock their analytics products suck.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I should add: A lot of govt employee pensions like CA Pensions (CALPERS) get heavily involved in politics, because unions. So Blackrock may merely be the messenger here, getting pressure from govt employee pensions.

But govt employee pensions are not doing great financially... maybe they should focus on returns not politics....

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I get what you're saying but financials have a lot of leverage.
    It would be better (IMO) to convince them to stay out now rather than deal with the consequences after the fact.

Rangeishot

Nov 25, 2017
    Manchester
    I don't see any money making angle on their view. Instead of focusing on new business research. I will be pulling my investments out of blackrock! Let the dominos fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom