• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Todd Starnes' take on the CNN "Town Hall" is at https://www.toddstarnes.com/show/todd-starnes-left-wants-confiscate-firearms/

Yes, there are plenty of bad guys – but Rubio and Loesch are not the bad guys – and neither are the millions of law-abiding gun owners who were slandered by CNN.

But that wasn’t the point of CNN’s town hall gathering. It really wasn’t about giving the students a voice – it was about declaring war on the Second Amendment.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    The RO's inaction would make a strong case for citizens needing 2A on their side to protect themselves. If a LEO is reluctant to protect who else is left?

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    The cop had a better advantage than the children. He was a coward and derelict of his duty as a police officer assigned to protect a school.

THIS!!! Those who can not see this failure--well, "that's just another failure"...:sad20:

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I cant help thinking even if he fired off shots as a distraction could have saved lives

This also... In addition, he had a duty to do something rather than take up a defensive position while a crime was being committed, i.e. advance toward the active shooter crime activity... It sure doesn't appear he was assigned an over watch position... I sure as hell don't need a rocket scientist to understand this or explanations from anyone appearing to make excuses for this coward... Thank god, most police officers do not fit his mold.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Todd Starnes' take on the CNN "Town Hall" is at https://www.toddstarnes.com/show/todd-starnes-left-wants-confiscate-firearms/

Yes, there are plenty of bad guys – but Rubio and Loesch are not the bad guys – and neither are the millions of law-abiding gun owners who were slandered by CNN.

But that wasn’t the point of CNN’s town hall gathering. It really wasn’t about giving the students a voice – it was about declaring war on the Second Amendment.

Disagree about Rubio. I had a pretty decent opinion of him until his actions during the town hall. He exposed himself for what he is, a spineless ***** that doesn’t give a damn about the 2A.

He is the worst type of politician in fact. One who trades on the back of a fundamental right to garner political support and power, but sells it out when under duress.

F**K Marco Rubio.

Last edited:

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Disagree about Rubio. I had a pretty decent opinion of him until his actions during the town hall. He exposed himself for what he is, a spineless ***** that doesn’t give a damn about the 2A.

He is the worst type of politician in fact. One who trades on the back of a fundamental right to garner political support and power, but sells it out when under duress.

F**K Marco Rubio.

I think Rubio is toast. I just fear that a gun-grabbing democrat will win his seat.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Florida Shooting Survivor Doubles Down: CNN's Entire Townhall Was Scripted
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-23/they-rewrote-all-my-questions-student-says-cnns-gun-control-town-hall-was-entirely
    The latest embarrassing blow to CNN's (already tattered) credibility emerged last night when Colton Haab, the student who first exposed CNN for pushing him to ask a scripted question during Wednesday night's town hall appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight to offer even more shocking details about CNN's conduct.

Yesterday, we noted that Haab, a Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student and shooting survivor, had come forward to say he decided not to attend Wednesday night's CNN town hall after CNN producers gave him a pre-scripted question for him to ask.

But Haab told Carlson that the producers didn't just want him to ask one scripted question: They essentially rewrote a list of questions and political points that he wanted to make at the town hall, prompting him to back away from the town hall. Haab told Carlson he shared with CNN what he wanted to say, but a producer named Carrie Stevenson ultimately rejected it, and instead after several conversations "scripted" a question for him.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab said to a local news outlet Wednesday night, according to RealClearPolitics.

Haab told Carlson he wanted to go "speak [his] part" and "open eyes" to a few things he thought could make the situation better. Haab said the network was dishonest and that is why he decided not to attend. He also said he was directed to "stick to the script."

"She had actually said that over the phone that I needed to stick to the script," Haab said of the CNN producer.

he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall, but declined after the network gave him a "scripted question" instead of allowing him to ask his own question.

More shockingly, Haab said he believed all the questions asked at the town hall were scripted. Haab explained in detail what happened between him and the cable news network and what he thought of the town hall.

"So what had happened was four days ago I had gotten contacted by a lady named [State of the Union executive producer] Carrie Stevenson from CNN. She had asked me originally to just write a speech. It was going to be at the town hall at the BB&T Center [in Sunrise, Florida]. So I agreed. I felt like it would be the right thing to do. Be able to go speak my part as well as open eyes to a few things that I thought that can make this situation a little better. From there, three days ago, so the next day after that I had gotten an email back from her and she asked for more of questions rather than a speech. Which I was totally fine with so I wrote a little less of a speech and more of questions that I wanted to ask at the town hall. The day after that it was more of just questions. She asked for just questions that I would like to ask."

"So, I gave her my questions and then yesterday, at about 5:15, I made contact with her. And she had asked if I had just asked her one question. So what they had actually done was wrote out a question for me because in my interview with CNN, I had talked about arming the teachers, if they were willing to arm themselves in the school to carry on campus. And they had -- she had taken that of what I had briefed on and actually wrote that question out for me. So I have that question here if you would like me to ask it for you."

Haab said he turned off the town hall because he could tell that the questions being asked were scripted.

CNN, of course, has denied Haab's claims.

There is absolutely no truth to this. CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night's town hall, nor have we ever. After seeing an interview with Colton Haab, we invited him to participate in our town hall along with other students and administrators from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Colton’s father withdrew his name from participation before the forum began, which we regretted but respected. We welcome Colton to join us on CNN today to discuss his views on school safety.

But, of course, they can't both be telling the truth.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    CNN has major egg on its face for running a town hall on the shooting so quickly without letting more information emerge. The fact that they put Sheriff Scott Israel up there and didn't ever seriously challenge the performance of his department is shameful (especially in light of news today of additional tips regarding Cruz prepping for a school shooting that were ignored -and- 3 deputies and the resource officer waiting outside during the shooting for the police to come and enter the school).

And this is in addition to running a scripted event to present only a gun banning, anti NRA perspective from students in a largely Democratic voting county (something like over 60% for Clinton in the last election).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    CNN has major egg on its face for running a town hall on the shooting so quickly without letting more information emerge. The fact that they put Sheriff Scott Israel up there and didn't ever seriously challenge the performance of his department is shameful (especially in light of news today of additional tips regarding Cruz prepping for a school shooting that were ignored -and- 3 deputies and the resource officer waiting outside during the shooting for the police to come and enter the school).

And this is in addition to running a scripted event to present only a gun banning, anti NRA perspective from students in a largely Democratic voting county (something like over 60% for Clinton in the last election).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lets hope they remember

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I don't know if this is accurate or not, picked it up on Facebook and presenting for your consideration

ce1a05186eb9a9f7db3ba9339c292dd3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom