• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

joma352

Jan 4, 2018
    Lower Eastern Shore
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/2...never-went-in-amid-shooting-sheriff-says.html

I am not a cop nor do I have any military experience so maybe i am out of line for saying this but how can you be a cop, hear whats going on inside, and just hide outside? i dont know what proper procedures are here (like if you must wait for back up) but how could you just stand outside knowing what horrendous act is going on inside? i know im being a monday morning quarterback so dont be to hard on me.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    I am not a cop nor do I have any military experience so maybe i am out of line for saying this but how can you be a cop, hear whats going on inside, and just hide outside? i dont know what proper procedures are here (like if you must wait for back up) but how could you just stand outside knowing what horrendous act is going on inside? i know im being a monday morning quarterback so dont be to hard on me.

Forget the cop part... how could any man stand there, knowing that kids are being hurt right inside that building, and not act? To hell with SOP and the rules, can you honestly say that there could be any procedure, rule, law, anything that could stop you from trying to save those kids if you knew what was going on? I'd like to think that most people here wouldn't even consider it a choice.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Forget the cop part... how could any man stand there, knowing that kids are being hurt right inside that building, and not act? To hell with SOP and the rules, can you honestly say that there could be any procedure, rule, law, anything that could stop you from trying to save those kids if you knew what was going on? I'd like to think that most people here wouldn't even consider it a choice.

No one can legally stand outside a school with a firearm unless they are a cop. If a good semaritian had a gun and knew what was going on, the dumbest thing they could do is go into the school. They would be locked up themselves for violation of the gun free zone.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

Amen!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    x3

Florida high school shooting thread

NRA attending CNN town hall meeting thread

And in the last hour or two, another thread (in the W/C, iirc) about the Deputy that stayed put when the shooting started.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    No one can legally stand outside a school with a firearm unless they are a cop. If a good semaritian had a gun and knew what was going on, the dumbest thing they could do is go into the school. They would be locked up themselves for violation of the gun free zone.

Legal and Moral aren't always the same thing. Sometimes you can only choose to be one or the other.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I'm thinking it would be a solution to a lot of different problems, simultaneously. I was really happy to hear that POTUS suggested it.
    It truly would. I'm unemployed and haven't been able to find a worthwhile job for the life of me. I'd be honored to help protect our kids.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom