• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The statute and case law don't say only an individual risk is acceptable, membership in a group with an increased risk above the general public is also acceptable. Clearance holders are an identifiable group.

MacGyverS2000

Oct 25, 2020
    There was a change recently, 9/16/2020, that prevents the disclosure of security clearance level as a G&S reason for W&C permits. Calling it a 'personal gain' and therefore not allowed.

I will certainly be having a discussion with my SSO when I get back into the office on Monday. I suppose luckily (?) for me, my app was accepted for processing a week before... so the letter was printed, signed, and included in a packet nearly a month beforehand.

Thanks for the heads up, Ben...

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    No one has given proof how having a clearance puts them in danger.
    Admin assistants in my office have TS clearances. They have no more assumed risk of danger. Flight attendants know TS info. Hell, they are in more danger than some everyday worker bee at NSA.
    I've been in the admin side and operational side of having a TS. I've never seen danger and risk in the admin side.
    I have real world experience.
    So, just say clearance holders are using the system. Because I see beyond the smoke this "G&S" ******** they're trying to blow up people's asses.

So really your expertise here is how to beat the system. You really couldn't give a shit less on the actual reasons people need a permit.
    But you'll say anyone who retorts anything contrary to your belief is anti 2A.
    I'm all for shall issue. But it's hilarious to see people scramble behind ideas of how they can try to beat the Maryland system.
    But yeah. Go ahead and "call me out" because I make a case.

I’m not sure why you continually have a hard-on for this. The more I read your comments on the topic the more it’s clear that you literally have no real experience in this, which is good, it means that those working within the IC at TS/SCI on Mission activities have done a good job, but for some reason it strikes a nerve with you suggesting you harbor a grudge and animosity for some reason. There have been many, many, many documented events and threats over the years, you are not aware because you simply don’t have a need to know. To suggest that there is no risk is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on the internet since Al Gore invented it. Suggesting that someone actively working on the Mission Ops side for 20-30 years on both sides of the river then transitioning rolls within the Community has no need or less of a need than someone racking up frequent flyer miles is absurd. And for the OP, for at least 40 years, when someone is indoc’ed they swear and attest that they will not use their tickets for personal gain or benefit under penalty of Law, nothing new to see there.....,

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I’m not sure why you continually have a hard-on for this. The more I read your comments on the topic the more it’s clear that you literally have no real experience in this, which is good, it means that those working within the IC at TS/SCI on Mission activities have done a good job, but for some reason it strikes a nerve with you suggesting you harbor a grudge and animosity for some reason. There have been many, many, many documented events and threats over the years, you are not aware because you simply don’t have a need to know. To suggest that there is no risk is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on the internet since Al Gore invented it. Suggesting that someone actively working on the Mission Ops side for 20-30 years on both sides of the river then transitioning rolls within the Community has no need or less of a need than someone racking up frequent flyer miles is absurd. And for the OP, for at least 40 years, when someone is indoc’ed they swear and attest that they will not use their tickets for personal gain or benefit under penalty of Law, nothing new to see there.....,
    Whatever dude.

So, why should it be on the state of Maryland to make sure someone is armed because of the "danger" of having a clearance?

I'll wait....

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Whatever dude.

So, why should it be on the state of Maryland to make sure someone is armed because of the "danger" of having a clearance?

I'll wait....

Short wait. :D. In some cases Md gets a vote like this G&S BS, and in some cases it doesn’t. . You stated that you were previously Federal, you know that answer.

Why should it be on the state of Maryland to make sure you are armed? Or someone owning a plumbing business making $60k a year and carrying $100 to a bank twice a month? Or a Dr, or pharmacist?

Anyway, it’s all good.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It's funny how some people with TS security clearances are told not to display outward signs that they work for the DoD and are given evasive driving training, among other things.

Since they're in no danger that is. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom