• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    What: A fresh Logo for AGC Action Shooting (not for the AGC)

Why: We need an unique identity for advertisements, banners, shirts, hats, etc.

When: Today and until we get a design that we love

Format: The design must be able to be converted to Vector format (whatever that means)

What is at stake: I will donate 40 of my volunteer hours to whoever comes up with the winning design and is willing to sign over their rights to it to the AGC (40 hours gets you a range badge next year) (disclaimer: I can only gift my hours to a current badge holder - the system will not allow otherwise - if you are not a badge holder, then go buy one for the remainder of 2020 for half price of $100).

Disclaimer: We really hope to get some great designs, but are prepared for the worst. Please understand that we do reserve the right to deny all of the entries if nothing excites us.

Please send me a PM if you have a design you would like to submit.

Thank you and happy sketching.

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When my Brother needed a logo for his business he went to a website and posted what he was looking for and several people submitted designs and what they would charge him. He chose one and worked with him to tweak it a bit and he was very happy with it and I think the price was very reasonable too. I'll ask him tomorrow what the website was

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I may be able to give it a shot but probably not until this weekend. I’ve done some business logo’s for a few friends in the past.

We’ll see how my week plays out at work.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Logos are hard! It’s like that old saw about being verbose: “I’d have written you a shorter letter, but I didn’t have time.”

Best logos are minimalistic. Does it need to make reference to AGC at all? Just looking for a graphic emblem, or something that will also work as a patch with words and whatnot? Need a little art direction, here. But willing to give it a crack. I even know what vector drawings are!

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I don't know what you are looking for really, but I was sitting here and figured I throw something together. I am no artist, but I can throw stuff together. This is worth exactly the 15 minutes I spent on it :) If I am onto something, I can change it up as needed in my spare time.

AGC.jpg

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Logos are hard! It’s like that old saw about being verbose: “I’d have written you a shorter letter, but I didn’t have time.”

Best logos are minimalistic. Does it need to make reference to AGC at all? Just looking for a graphic emblem, or something that will also work as a patch with words and whatnot? Need a little art direction, here. But willing to give it a crack. I even know what vector drawings are!

Not really sure exactly what we are looking for. I think a graphic emblem of some sort. I think it needs to make reference to AGC Action Shooting in some way. We plan to use it on our shooting Jerseys, patches, hats, signage, etc.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    There was a logo you saw a lot back in the early (ie., Brian Enos) days of USPSA that I can’t recall seeing for decades now ...

The club name usually appeared above the logo in an arc OR a particular match appeared above the logo and the date below ... avgualky pretty damn sharp looking ...

It was the silhouettes of more than one shooter kind of “blended“ into one image: one standing shooting a handgun in an Isosceles stance, another kneeling (can’t recall if that was Handgun or longgun) and a third (long-gun) from prone ...

It was “overused” and everywhere 30+ years ago but, I think it’d be kind of unique again, nowadays ...

Let me test my DuckDuckGo fu ...

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Here’s something close to what you saw back when I was competing only, with handguns. Still searching ...

Attachments

• EE97C0B8-8276-49C1-9ECE-34BB44BE59E9.jpeg
      EE97C0B8-8276-49C1-9ECE-34BB44BE59E9.jpeg
      5.6 KB · Views: 252
    • FB76EF9A-4DD5-4451-AFC2-1C29FAC0291D.jpeg
      FB76EF9A-4DD5-4451-AFC2-1C29FAC0291D.jpeg
      9.9 KB · Views: 250

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Here is an example of something that was submitted awhile back. I liked its basic premise/design but but it would need a reference to AGC Action Shooting and others on the team were not crazy about it.

Either way, I think that we are looking for something like one of these. Been trying to get the designer of it to come up with some other ideas but he has been pretty busy lately.

Attachments

• Action Shooting Logo 1.jpg
      Action Shooting Logo 1.jpg
      30.6 KB · Views: 236

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads