• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I'm an idiot. I field stripped my 930 SPX for the first time tonight, and I have no idea where these three parts go in the freakin' gun. When I removed the bolt they just fell out of the receiver, so I have no idea where they were. I don't see them on the parts diagram either. Feel free to mock me, but if you know the answer I'd like to hear that as well. :o

Attachments

• 930mysteryparts.jpg
      930mysteryparts.jpg
      14 KB · Views: 752

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I cant say where it goes without looking at the rig. Looks like a hammer mainspring, cap and giude for a trigger group. Normally it would push against a hammer strut.

Does your hammer have tension?

If you bring it up to us we can fix it for ya, It will be free but we will make fun of ya. :D

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    this reminds me of that great scene in Lawrence of Arabia, just after they've taken Aqaba, and Auda Abu Tayi, Chief of the Howietat, is angry and betrayed to find the coffers of the city are not full of gold, as Lawrence had promised (holding merely paper money, which to him was worthless).

Lawrence promises to cross Suez to Cairo to get and bring back for Auda the promised bullion, and as he disappears into the sands, Auda scowls at his departing back and angrily snarls...

"He is NOT perfect!"

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I cant say where it goes without looking at the rig. Looks like a hammer mainspring, cap and giude for a trigger group. Normally it would push against a hammer strut.

Does your hammer have tension?

If you bring it up to us we can fix it for ya, It will be free but we will make fun of ya. :D

Ah ha! You nailed it. I had to flip the hammer all the way forward before the hole for the assembly could be seen. What is strange is that I still don't see it on the parts diagram.

I found the following photo on another forum.

Attachments

• 930 trigger group 4.JPG.jpeg
      930 trigger group 4.JPG.jpeg
      28.9 KB · Views: 1,214

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ah ha! You nailed it. I had to flip the hammer all the way forward before the hole for the assembly could be seen. What is strange is that I still don't see it on the parts diagram.

I found the following photo on another forum.

What do I win?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A full body massage by Norton. In the meantime, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you something to hold you over until then.

Ill send you my addy my friend, but I was only joking. :D You dont owe me anything. Its my pleasure to help out.

BTW, Im not gonna charge you for your Garand or 1911 when you get your butt to the shop. Its the least I could do to show my gratitude for the kindness you have shown me and Scotts.

I wish I could do more for you and the site.

Seriosuly ,Thanks for everything Don.

Now that I think about it.................................................................................................................................................. that Massage from Norton might not be too bad.............. :lol2:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Ill send you my addy my friend, but I was only joking. :D You dont owe me anything. Its my pleasure to help out.

BTW, Im not gonna charge you for your Garand or 1911 when you get your butt to the shop. Its the least I could do to show my gratitude for the kindness you have shown me and Scotts.

I wish I could do more for you and the site.

Seriosuly ,Thanks for everything Don.

Now that I think about it.................................................................................................................................................. that Massage from Norton might not be too bad.............. :lol2:

Aw shucks, you're making me blush. No need for all that. I just mash buttons and the Black Magic of the Internets keeps everything going. Seriously though, PM me your mailing address.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I don't know why you were concerned with extra parts....looks like any take-down/put back together job that I've ever seen. I think it's in the man-code or rules of life somewhere. It's why you get "the box of spare parts" any time you buy an older car...years of "trimming the fat" have been in effect ;)

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    I dont know but I grazed Nortons weener at the fall shoot.

I was talking and moving my arms, and Norton walked up and put his crotch in my hand. It was a silent moment.....................:innocent0

I witnessed this and because of it my therapist will be able to retire soon:sad20:.

whis

Aug 27, 2009
    Western Maryland
    I don't know why you were concerned with extra parts....looks like any take-down/put back together job that I've ever seen. I think it's in the man-code or rules of life somewhere. It's why you get "the box of spare parts" any time you buy an older car...years of "trimming the fat" have been in effect ;)

You know you're good when you have parts left over and everything still works like it's supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom