• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    A female Metro employee was sitting in the station's kiosk after midnight Tuesday when a man apparently angry about a delayed train started banging on the kiosk's door. He gained entry, and a physical altercation took place. The Metro employee resorted to using a pocket knife to defend herself, and landed one in her assailant's chest. They hauled the 28 year old Rockville man away in grave condition, and he died at the hospital. Metro police said they're "looking into" whether this was self defense. No word on if the employee was named Xena.

https://wtop.com/dc/2018/07/man-stabbed-at-friendship-heights-metro/

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Employee fired for violating policy aka general orders , in 3,2,1 . ( Not a generic comment .)

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Did he violently shove her to the ground?
    Was he backing away when she stabbed him?
    Was he done attacking her?
    Was this a good stab?

If she was a man, would people expect him to duke it out with the guy rather than pull a knife on him?

Is there a double standard between defensive gun use and other means of stopping an attack?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Seems like self defense to me. He entered her work area, assaulted her, she fought back. Don’t see anything about her getting fired tho.

Attachments

• CF799CCA-7F5C-4CCB-A5FC-0B9BD8EEBF06.jpg
      CF799CCA-7F5C-4CCB-A5FC-0B9BD8EEBF06.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 643
    • 2BE1D16F-A61D-4998-B34B-29108A650BFD.jpg
      2BE1D16F-A61D-4998-B34B-29108A650BFD.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 622

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    sometimes I really don't get some folks here.

whether its with a gun , knife or a damn spoon when someone attacks you, physically attacks you, and the attacker becomes dead , by any means, we have folks here saying dirty shoot, stabbing or spooning, and the victim should pay since they didn't just lay there and get pounded to death by the attacker.

when someone puts their hands on you then everyone should defend themselves as hard as possible and with as much lethal force as necessary to stop the attack as asap.

why do so many folks believe everyone else should just be a victim?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Unfreaking believable. Guy presumably breaks into a locked office to attack the employee, she uses the only thing she has to defend herself, and MAYBE it's self defense? WTF else could it be?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Unfreaking believable. Guy presumably breaks into a locked office to attack the employee, she uses the only thing she has to defend herself, and MAYBE it's self defense? WTF else could it be?

An active investigation so you don’t make conclusive statements

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    sometimes I really don't get some folks here.

whether its with a gun , knife or a damn spoon when someone attacks you, physically attacks you, and the attacker becomes dead , by any means, we have folks here saying dirty shoot, stabbing or spooning, and the victim should pay since they didn't just lay there and get pounded to death by the attacker.

when someone puts their hands on you then everyone should defend themselves as hard as possible and with as much lethal force as necessary to stop the attack as asap.

why do so many folks believe everyone else should just be a victim?

Because many, many Marylanders are being\have been conditioned to be defenseless sheep. Mind you there's a lot of Marylanders (here included) that have never been anywhere else, so they have no idea what freedoms and rights are available elsewhere.

Battered Maryland gun owners syndrome... and the trailing vestiges of any other self defence technique; as well as employment of such; are not permitted. :crazy:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was eating in Moonies BBQ outside Buford GA last night. Every person working in there was packing openly.

No one even noticed.

America is an amazing place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Because many, many Marylanders are being\have been conditioned to be defenseless sheep. Mind you there's a lot of Marylanders (here included) that have never been anywhere else, so they have no idea what freedoms and rights are available elsewhere.

Battered Maryland gun owners syndrome... and the trailing vestiges of any other self defence technique; as well as employment of such; are not permitted. :crazy:

I am from here, southern md, and I know very few folks from down here who think like that . granted I don't know many implants to here but in general putting your hands on someone down here is a really bad idea.

or maybe its just a rural or redneck thing, idk

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Unwanted touching...y’all dont like that BUT the state and counties reach into your pocket early and often. They’ve also managed to strip most of you of the dignity and righteousness of self protection. That’s pretty egregious imo.

Putting your hands on someone else who doesn’t want or expect it is bad. Putting your hands on them in an aggressive or violent manner is unsat and frankly deserving of appropriate response. What is appropriate you ask. Well, I’m thinking you invite an ass kicking at a minimum and maybe a profound beating if appropriate. Self defense is a continuum thing. Unlike police, citizens (in free states in America anyhow) can move up the use of force continuum as quickly as they feel compelled. That’s for a jury to decide.

Jumping from push or shove to gunplay might just be too much escalation if at once.

What’s enough force? Enough to stop the threat.

Only dumbasses lay hands on other folks. Don’t be a dumbass. Karma trolls dumbasses. Results are not often pretty.

Cause. Effect. Behavior modification.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This also serves as a reminder of how quickly these things can escalate from "guy seems angry" to "omg he's in my booth and assaulting me" - with zero chance that dialing 911 and being patient for the police was going to alter the guy's immediate and dangerous behavior. These things erupt in moments, not minutes. Of course I don't like that this happened. But I like that it serves as a self defense case study without the (public/media) distraction of a gun having been involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom