• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montyw2

Feb 11, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Looking to swap out my Bushmaster upper with fixed carry handle for a flat top upper.
    Need to know if Bushmaster barrels have M4 feed ramps. Anyone know for certain?

Is switching uppers as simple as have the barrel switched, putting the BCG and charging handle on? Of course sights & optics need installed as well.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, I'm pretty certain I have an E2. If any other ID is needed please let me know.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    why don't you just push out the rear pin, flip open the gun, and look? good lord people are so damn dependent on the internet they actually forget common sense (i.e. the easiest way to find out).....

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I did a similar swap myself last week. I have a pre (1994) ban 20" HBAR Bushmaster with the A1 carry handle (with the A1 sights)... drove me nuts trying to adjust the sights so I got a stripped Bushmaster A2 carry handle upper to swap out.

Everything was straight-forward, did it myself in about 30 min... the older barrel did have the M4 feed ramps (pretty much all AR-15 barrels have them that I have seen)... I would guess it is a rare barrel out there that does not have them at this point.

Good luck with your swap over, maybe spend the cash on the armorer's tool and some punches and you can knock it out yourself.... plus you can check everything at the same time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom