What style air rifles are your favorite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    You could always get a Gamo Viper Express Air Shotgun & Rifle. You can re-use the plastic shells a couple times and reload them with sea salt. It does work! I've done extensive lab testing!!!

Last edited:

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    My nitro 22 break barrel has so far taken are of any critter problem I had.
    So far squirrels,rats,2 ground hogs (10 yard behind ear shots) one raccoon, up a tree maybe 10 feet during daylight so it was probably rabid.
    For all around vermin control it has done the job without breaking the bank.
    Plus it helps to keep skills up as a practice rifle.
    Do wish it more quiet tho.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Have a , well son has a Benjamin. Not as fancy kinda plain but nice shooting. I have a gamo which does the job .seems they don’t group well. I mean we hit the target every time but I tried putting mine in bench rest zero scope but I just couldn’t get great accuracy. Good but not great. Haven’t spent a whole lot of time with them nor is the scope high dollar, we just enjoy them . Harvest squirrels with them . Get them out to scratch the shooting itch , versus going up to the range . Sons is the .22 if I’m correct. Although I must say I probably shoot the red Ryder more than the other 2. That is fun , ole lever action cowboy BB gun . Guess that’s spring not an air . Anyway .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Like firearms, not every gun likes every pellet. Before you say an air gun isn't accurate, you need to try a bunch of differen pellets in it to be sure its not just the pellet misbehaving in that gun

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    not bad mouthing air guns , haven’t spent a lot of time trying things .hitting a can every time. Guess I’m just not that serious about shooting it. Have a feeling pull her out today , got me curios now .

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    not bad mouthing air guns , haven’t spent a lot of time trying things .hitting a can every time. Guess I’m just not that serious about shooting it. Have a feeling pull her out today , got me curios now .

Like firearms, not every gun likes every pellet. Before you say an air gun isn't accurate, you need to try a bunch of differen pellets in it to be sure its not just the pellet misbehaving in that gun

Every gun is different, correct. And every gun likes a particular pellet. But the pellet, and bullets also need to be consistent in weight. Atmospheric conditions, I'm learning, also play a huge role, I.e., better to shoot in hot, humid and higher altitudes than when cold and low humidity. Thinner air is better for projectile performance than cold air.

Same principal applies to aerodynamics. Max speed in earth's amosphere is about Mach 5 while out of it is pretty much unlimited. Space shuttle I think up there was like Mach 26...no friction!!!

Also invested in a scale to check for consistency. Only $12 @ Harbor Freight. Measures grains too and will give you a good idea about the pellets you're using.

Attachments

• 20200223_141840_HDR~2.jpg
      20200223_141840_HDR~2.jpg
      92.8 KB · Views: 223
    Last edited:

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I have a side lever Diana 48, bought it used a decade ago, shoots just fine and feels classy in a W.Germanic sort of way. Doubt it's as fast now as it was, but I bet it's not too bad. I suppose I could chrono it?

Hemspilot

Feb 29, 2020
    New to the forum. Live in Baltimore.

Live in Baltimore. Have several FX air rifles and LCS as well.

Omega Turbo Charger - full most takes in minutes not hours. But not sure it’s worth filling others tanks. Not sure what people charge for that.

Also have a few ranches I hunt on, one is over 150 acres and sometimes need another shooter. Pigeons. Rats. Coyotes. Ground hogs, you name it. All sorts of critters.

Hemspilot@yahoo.com

Mark.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Live in Baltimore. Have several FX air rifles and LCS as well.

Omega Turbo Charger - full most takes in minutes not hours. But not sure it’s worth filling others tanks. Not sure what people charge for that.

Also have a few ranches I hunt on, one is over 150 acres and sometimes need another shooter. Pigeons. Rats. Coyotes. Ground hogs, you name it. All sorts of critters.

Hemspilot@yahoo.com

Mark.

Hi! we have an intro forum that you can introduce yourself on to make other members more comfortable. Slide over and give it a shout :) https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom