• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Someone should start mobile candle sales. Keep inventory in trunk of vehicle and be within your restrictions.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I only carry out of state on a Utah nonresident permit, so my year round experience is less, but my favorite general propose carry is the Walther P99 AS Compact (which is Glock 26 sized). I love the AS trigger in a carry gun, plus the flexible 10-15 rd capacity. In many ways, it has the reliability of a revolver in a semiautomatic. While striker-fired, it's unique trigger can be pulled again if the shot wasn't in battery or the primer strike was insufficient. Moreover one can decock a loaded gun to a double-action mode requiring a stronger trigger pull on the first shot. I carry this way in the holster. Subsequent shots are 'single-action' with an easy take-up and then a clean break (which the PPQ trigger is based off of). If there's a problem, the second pull is the 'double-action' one. Friends who've shot the gun for the first time get tight groups at 10 yards.

I have also carried a Glock 19, Glock 32, Walther PPS M2, Sig P238, Kimber K6S, Colt Cobra (2017), and Ruger SP101 at different times and in different circumstances (and have range experience drawing from a holster with all, as well as IPDA experience with a couple a these). All do the job. But despite being 10-year old tech, if I want a relatively compact gun that I have complete confidence in (even without recent range time with it), it's the Walther P99 AS Compact.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I've grown accustomed to my Walther PPS M2. It's thin, 8 rounds with IWB and 7 rounds on rare occasion pocket carry.
    It could be a few ounces lighter, but that's about the only minor complaint.
    Next will be a PPQ for winter carry.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I do carry a glock 23 or a glock 27 depending on where I'm going and how I'm dressed. 27 is fine with shorts/tshirt. Happy with those, but I haven't held a p365 yet.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    there isn't much that beats my P365 on features and EDC versatility for any cost, but some custom-ish versions do look cool, provided they are still reliable. Definitely want a MRD equipped 365XL when they come out.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Shield .40 w/7 round magazine (+1) in the pistol and another 7 round magazine within easy reach.

Fully stoked, I've got 15 rounds of 165 gr HST available.

I am a Glock fan, but, this Shield is less bulky and 100% reliable.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Pretty happy with my CZ P-01

+1 P-01 or a Shield 9mm depending on how small I need it to be.

I shot the P365 and I'm apparently the only one who doesn't like it. No matter what I did, I couldn't get a good grip on it with my big hands.

Jiberwocky

Jun 4, 2019
    Baltimore
    As much as I hate to admit it, probably a PMR-30 with a lot of money sunk into making sure it'll run reliably and into tuning it up to feel good. I'm tentatively in the "more holes faster > big holes harder" camp, so .22 WMR suits me fine.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I've got a little over 4 years until I can relocate from MD to somewhere with less oppressive restrictions on gun owners/2A rights. When I do, I'll open carry my Walther PPQ 45 and if I'm permitted to conceal carry, it'll be my HK VP9SK in a Vedder IWB holster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom