• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Mdlowrider & owgriffin,
    Send me a message when you get to TN I live about an hour south of Nashville. It would be good to meet up with some of the MDS crew.

-Gene

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Mdlowrider & owgriffin,
    Send me a message when you get to TN I live about an hour south of Nashville. It would be good to meet up with some of the MDS crew.

-Gene

We have some friends that live in Columbia TN. I love the area and would love to move there but I'm getting stuck with Ocala FL.

Dec 26, 2011
    Stanley, VA
    Best of luck in TN! Great state. I wish I had moved to a more 2A secure state than VA. I escaped from the MD gulag (finally, though Frederick County was not that bad) to VA in 2016. Have a CCW and land where I can shoot. It was GREAT to leave the PRofMD, though I do have concerns about the douche bag-baby-killer-gun-grabber-blackface VA Governor Northam. Time will tell. Again, best of luck!

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Maryland feel to liberals. Delaware fell, but not as bad, virginia is falling they are trying to take florida and NC. Its not because of liberal policies but demographics and its sucks. People relocate down south often because of more opportunity, they feel its safer and "better morals" then they vote the same damn way they did in NY and wonder why the states goes to hell.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Well, after coming to Maryland in 1987 and relocating from Damascus to Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland in 2005, it’s finally time to move on and relocate to the great state of Tennessee. This move has a lot of reasons, but it’s fair to say that what got me thinking about it five or six years ago is how much I dislike living in the People’s Democratic Republic and its passion for passing gun laws designed for Baltimore City, where they are routinely ignored. Thank you all for this forum. This and Maryland Shall Issue have been a breath of fresh air. Good luck to you all. I sincerely think you make a difference. Having heard the Democratic presidential candidates, I think all 2A adherents are an endangered species. But we still need to fight, even in the Maryland state legislature, where even the most basic firearms knowledge seems to be differential Calculus. And I respect you for fighting. Best, and if you get down to the Nashville area, it won’t take me long to scope out all the local ranges for you.

So glad you'll make it to freedom. Don't forget the subjects here in MD once you're gone. Perhaps one day we'll all breathe free...

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    THere are three things that ruin conservative states ( particularly thougth in the south which maryland and to a degree delaware can be considered or are considered)
    1 a black man with a gun
    2 a brown man with a knife
    3 a yankee with a moving van headed south.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I wish there were a way to attract more likeminded Patriots to this state. Soon there will be no one left to fight. The anti gun movement is marching down the coast with some sporadic resistance here and there in States like PA. But like an anti 2A co-worker once said to me. "The best thing Reagan ever did was tell people to vote with their feet, it's only a matter of time now"

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I wish there were a way to attract more likeminded Patriots to this state. Soon there will be no one left to fight. The anti gun movement is marching down the coast with some sporadic resistance here and there in States like PA. But like an anti 2A co-worker once said to me. "The best thing Reagan ever did was tell people to vote with their feet, it's only a matter of time now"

Stop telling the new folks that want information and ask for it in this thread "https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=158200", not to move here.

There have been several hundred that have been told to live in VA, WV, DE, etc and commute to MD for their jobs. A lot of freakin' good that does us.

(Not directed at you Grimmar15, just answering your question)

Mr H

Banana'd
    After some discussion today (including our financial guy), I think we've made the call to stick it out, as long as it remains safe to do so.

But, with the GA trying to screw us all, Pissman trying to break us, and the unmitigated urban ooze affecting us all, it's going to be a tender dance.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Jarhead FLSTI,
    Totally understand. My wife still wants to live near the beach. Especially Florida.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ... it’s finally time to move on and relocate to the great state of Tennessee. ...

Color me, jealous! I had my eye on a3-story A-frame with 4 car garage on Wautauga Lake (muskies!!!!) but, I made the fatal mistake of taking the wife to check it out in February. DUMB. As we walked up the stairs to the front porch, Wife asked the realtor (Jerry Redden, Butler, TN), “How often does it snow like this here?” followed by, “How far a drive is it to the closest WalMart or grocery store?”

He answered before he got the key in the front door lock and she turned around, smiled at me over her shoulder and said, “Dog and I will be waiting for you in the truck, when y’all are done looking around” :-/ :-O! :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom