• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I did some load testing today. I had been using a 55gr but figured i'll try a 69 gr load and see how it goes. Then i didn't beleave my eyes so i did it again. I did pull a shot but, even then it's sub MOA. If i take out the one i called and pulled.. it's 1/2 MOA.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Fantastic!

I have 3 BDL's in the safes upstairs and one of them is in 22-250 … (as they were bequeathed to me I was cautioned to, "not sell them as, the day will come when you wont be able to run and gun as you enjoy now and all's you'll be able to do is make it from the trunk of your car to the bench-rest - THAT IS WHEN this 22-250 will provide you with years of enjoyment experimenting with reloads!"

Looks as if you might have whittled that down to mere months! :lol: :thumbsup:

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Fantastic!

I have 3 BDL's in the safes upstairs and one of them is in 22-250 … (as they were bequeathed to me I was cautioned to, "not sell them as, the day will come when you wont be able to run and gun as you enjoy now and all's you'll be able to do is make it from the trunk of your car to the bench-rest - THAT IS WHEN this 22-250 will provide you with years of enjoyment experimenting with reloads!"

Looks as if you might have whittled that down to mere months! :lol: :thumbsup:

hahah thanks man. i'm happy but also i have a non standard twist rate in my 22-250. it's a ruger american predator with a 1:10 twist. Aparelty the old 22-250 or other models are 1:12 or even 1:14 twist.

I've been using a 300win mag but, i wanted something lighter to lug around while work in the field etc etc.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I put it they the chronograph and it came out to avg of 3068 FPS. Forget the SD atm. tested on groundhogs out to 356 that afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nice load, but I was particularly interested in the twist .

My barrel twist is 1:10 (ruger american predator). This particular bullet's box says that it needs 1:9 or 1:10 twist. I assume 1:8 would do fine too but not 1:12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom