• 6FE12135-11C1-408A-9E72-399CB26B331E.jpg
      6FE12135-11C1-408A-9E72-399CB26B331E.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 327

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The only thing we need a government for IMHO is to make sure our Constitutional rights are not taken away , not the very government taking away rights and rationing them out like rights are in short supply or like a commodity to be bought and paid for .

A little off topic but the state just stuck a big one in my company a 10K property tax bill for the year (increased over 2K) . What do i get for that for Frosh - Hole to waste it on suing T-45 . If anyone that likes the liberal agenda will have to dig further in their pockets as well because my pockets have holes in them from these A-wholes reaching in every month or so .

Can anyone tell i hate this state ...Rant off

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    My property taxes just went up a bunch, too. I know this won't be popular, but I really resent that half of my taxes pay for public indoctrination (education). I have no kids (that I know of).

Used to be that kids graduated not just high school, but even elementary school, and could speak, read and write fluent English, do basic math in their heads, and had a pretty decent grasp on US and some world history. Not even close today.

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My property taxes just went up a bunch, too. I know this won't be popular, but I really resent that half of my taxes pay for public indoctrination (education). I have no kids (that I know of).

Used to be that kids graduated not just high school, but even elementary school, and could speak, read and write fluent English, do basic math in their heads, and had a pretty decent grasp on US and some words history. Not even close today.

We certainly aren't getting much value for all that money that is extorted from us.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Maybe the appointments secretary should go to one on the meetings. He should pre-re ad the Open Meetings Act.

To be honest it looks like they are making stuff up as they go , like this has never been done before .
    Very un-professional .

Understanding the way it should look and the rules/laws of the Open Meetings act should be front and center .
    The problem is the know - it - all Judge does not seem to be someone that likes to be challenged or told he is doing the hearings wrong . He will do them how he see's fit and don't tell him what to do because he is the boss .

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The two “White Papers” issued thus far by Judge Smalkin as Chairman of the new HPRB raise a troubling question.

Is anyone else on the Board reading these White Papers before Smalkin publishes them?

The first magisterial HPRB White Paper had a typo in the very first paragraph.

(See first pic below; “convince” instead of convenience)

Typos happen, who cares.

Yet a typo remaining in the final text describing a quasi-judicial process suggests that the text wasn’t even read (or proofread) by someone else before publication.

(So, not ONE of the other FOUR HPRB members caught this typo by reading a draft document circulated by Smalkin to the full Board?)

Perhaps because they weren’t invited to read it or — being intimidated — they hadn’t even asked the Judge to read his draft of his first HPRB White Paper?

The second HPRB White Paper (issued last night, 7/15/19): legally-speaking, was it correctly titled?

White Paper on Laws Pertaining to Carrying Concealed Firearms

(see second pic below; full WP text in post #10)

MD law doesn’t limit wear and carry permit holders to just “concealed” carry, so why explicitly characterize MD wear and carry permit law as being only concealed carry law?

Again, this second WP, written presumably by Judge Smalkin — with the advantage of his “legal training” — why was it not titled something like: “Laws Pertaining to Permitted Carry of Handguns

Does Judge Smalkin even know or understand that MD doesn’t issue “concealed carry (only) licenses”?

Is this only splitting hairs, or is this an indication that the new Board, and especially the Chairman, despite their critical oversight role, remain ignorant of some of the most basic tenets of MD wear and carry permit law?

With the accelerated permit appeals now on the line, is the new Board charging forward yet completely winging it on incomplete knowledge and understanding of MD wear and carry permit law?

For the HPRB to literally and textually associate “permitted carry” only with “concealed carry” also seems like tacit surrender to the MSP: HPRB seems to be implicitly ratifying the long-standing hostility of the MSP to legal open carry.

Or do the new Board members all just assume — without studying the law — that open carry in MD is illegal?

Such ignorance, or unquestioning dependence on the MSP for guidance in their decision-making, helps us all how?

In the end it all comes down to this complaint: why did Judge Smalkin spend so much time producing the second White Paper to describe what he knows about the judicial appeal process, and Snowden and Scherr, instead of studying what he evidently doesn’t know about MD wear and carry permit law and the role of the HPRB?

Attachments

• 65330F48-6A73-4E7C-9A0A-0540382B7987.jpg
      65330F48-6A73-4E7C-9A0A-0540382B7987.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 271
    • C9F646A7-2AB4-4B89-A5CC-2118FAC72DE2.jpg
      C9F646A7-2AB4-4B89-A5CC-2118FAC72DE2.jpg
      38 KB · Views: 275

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    What TIME is the meeting?
    At what PLACE will the meeting be held?
    What MANNER is the meeting held?

TPM doing business as Widget Inc. Is not TPM.

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Maryland Murder Rates 1970 – 2016

Games can be played with numbers, but it is interesting to note that in 1970 MD’s population was ranked 18th and the murder rate was 18th. In 2016 (40 plus years of Mandel’s permit law) . . . MD’s population was ranked 19th and the murder rate was 6th.

Scroll down to see the numbers:

Maryland Crime Rates 1960 - 2016 - The Disaster Center

www.disastercenter.com/crime/mdcrime.htm

Regards
    Jack

P.S. If the link does not work enter: “1970 MD Murder Rates” into your search engine (works for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom