• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RPhil

Jul 8, 2019
    Hello,

Looking to borrow a .45 bore lock for an FN FNX-45 I recently purchased. I live in the Baltimore area and work in the Jessup area. Willing to travel a reasonable distance if someone could assist.

Kind Regards,
    -RPhil

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    How would 9mm bore lock work on a .22? Too big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Base case size is the same,9mm an .223 the lock being asked for. Some locks will "swell" (expand) enough to hold. An some shops just want the lock installed, placed in the chamber.

Problem with AR pistols is the barrel length. The key is too short as most are for 6" barrels.

If anybody on the Shore needs to borrow a .22lr (6" auto),44-40 (8 3/4"revolver), 9mm(6"auto) and 45ACP,GAP (6"auto), I have them.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Base case size is the same,9mm an .223 the lock being asked for. Some locks will "swell" (expand) enough to hold. An some shops just want the lock installed, placed in the chamber.

Problem with AR pistols is the barrel length. The key is too short as most are for 6" barrels.

If anybody on the Shore needs to borrow a .22lr (6" auto),44-40 (8 3/4"revolver), 9mm(6"auto) and 45ACP,GAP (6"auto), I have them.

Now I understand. I’ve never had a shop, any shop, care whether or not it was installed all the way into the chamber. Only needs to make it out the door anyway before it’s removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have never had a dealer ask me to install the lock into the pistol. Most of mine are still in the unopened original packaging.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have one Omega. I have been using the same one since the law went into effect. I don't know what dealers you guys are going to, but I am asked if I have it or just show it. I forgot it once and I was "sold" one to walk out the door. I place the item in my truck and promptly returned it.

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    NEED 45 BORE LOCK FOR REVOLVER

Need to borrow a 45 cal bore lock to pick up transferred USFA 45LC SAA. I'm in the Pasadena area will travel 20 miles to meet up.
    Any help appreciated
    Stupid Law ... Only in MD
    Jim

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I have never had a dealer ask me to install the lock into the pistol. Most of mine are still in the unopened original packaging.

Same here and they have usually supplied a bicycle type cable lock with the purchase. I wonder if the OP was told this by the seller or just over thinking things?

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Anyone have a .45ACP bore lock? I contacted a couple people on the google sheets and haven't had any luck. Much appreciated, in Baltimore city can drive 30 or so minutes to meet someone.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Anyone near Crofton or Annapolis have a longer 9mm lock that would work with an AR pistol with 8” barrel?

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I am looking to borrow a 22 bore lock next Tuesday. I am in Frederick and headed to rockville to pick up the handgun if someone has one I can borrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom