• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You are going to be out of luck for a complete build. Most manufacturers don't want to jump through the hoops of making a specific HBAR model just for one state.

However, if you are going PSA, their lowers are cheap-get that (they transfer as "other", not a rifle) and then get one of their pistol build kits (lower parts kit, buffer and "brace" of choice, and complete upper of choice). Its very affordable. Then its just a few minutes of assembly at home with youtube/minimal tools, or go to a gunsmith and you should be good to go. No need to worry about HBAR at all.

There are plenty of MD compliant (HBAR) AR’s available for sale in MD from different manufacturers.
    Ruger, Windham, LWRC, and Colt to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    That would be an interesting turn of events if it does turn out to be legal.

Just left the shop, they told me the VSKA is 100% MD legal and they wouldn’t sell me a rifle that wasn’t. The VSKA is not an AK-47, and no part on the VSKA can be inter changed with other manufacturers and if you do put someone else’s parts into it the VSKA will blow up, Century Arms knows as they tested it.

As for the MSP website, the shop says there is nothing about what that site says can or cannot be sold that is legally binding and it is up to shops to decide what they will or will not sell based on the law.

Shop also said Century Arms is very specific that shops should not be advertising nor calling it an AK-47 as it is not an AK-47.

So with all that being said, if anyone is in the market for something like the VSKA, go talk to your local shop, if they’re not comfortable selling one I’d say shop around to some others and ask them.

Atlantic Firearms says it is not legal for sale in Maryland but it seems at least one other shop doesn’t agree with the decision of Atlantic to not sell, and there probably are others.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Just left the shop, they told me the VSKA is 100% MD legal and they wouldn’t sell me a rifle that wasn’t. The VSKA is not an AK-47, and no part on the VSKA can be inter changed with other manufacturers and if you do put someone else’s parts into it the VSKA will blow up, Century Arms knows as they tested it.

As for the MSP website, the shop says there is nothing about what that site says can or cannot be sold that is legally binding and it is up to shops to decide what they will or will not sell based on the law.

Shop also said Century Arms is very specific that shops should not be advertising nor calling it an AK-47 as it is not an AK-47.

So with all that being said, if anyone is in the market for something like the VSKA, go talk to your local shop, if they’re not comfortable selling one I’d say shop around to some others and ask them.

Atlantic Firearms says it is not legal for sale in Maryland but it seems at least one other shop doesn’t agree with the decision of Atlantic to not sell, and there probably are others.

I am interested, which shop was willing to sell these?

Viper385

Jan 17, 2018
    I can't see that being MD legal, since the C39, Ras47, Zastava Paps, and Wasrs are banned. All Century offerings. I could be wrong, but makes no sense.

I thought the same thing - but I purchased a VSKA at a local gun shop yesterday. As it was explained to me it is not considered an AK47 clone because the piston or the bolt (I forget which part it was) is longer than a standard AK. So if you installed one from an AK it would not lock up completely and would cause the rifle to explode. But the handguard, grip, stock, etc are interchangeable.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I thought the same thing - but I purchased a VSKA at a local gun shop yesterday. As it was explained to me it is not considered an AK47 clone because the piston or the bolt (I forget which part it was) is longer than a standard AK. So if you installed one from an AK it would not lock up completely and would cause the rifle to explode. But the handguard, grip, stock, etc are interchangeable.

Love my VSKA, but it’s gonna be a bit of a safe queen so it doesn’t eat all the food that is tough to replace right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom