• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    SBR in MD needs to be at least 29" long with the stock fully extended to the end of the threads of the barrel. The pistol version has a 7.7" barrel with the stock kit I don't know if it would make the 29" overall.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I’m planning on putting the micro kit in my pistol if anyone wants to buy the parts to make a carbine an sbr.

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    Why not just buy the pistol version and get the brace ?

I wish I had done :lol:

Literally two weeks after I sent my paper work off to ATF w/$200 to SBR...rumors started floating that you could shoulder a brace without breaking the law...damn...too late..

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I wish I had done :lol:

Literally two weeks after I sent my paper work off to ATF w/$200 to SBR...rumors started floating that you could shoulder a brace without breaking the law...damn...too late..

what barrel length set up are you currently running?

did you buy the pistol and send in the stamp to add the stock to it ? or did you have the 16 inch barrel rifle and send in the stamp to shorten the barrel?

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    what barrel length set up are you currently running?

did you buy the pistol and send in the stamp to add the stock to it ? or did you have the 16 inch barrel rifle and send in the stamp to shorten the barrel?

I have the EVO pistol w/stock barrel.

I tried to reach OAL with a Zhukov stock & a Faux suppressor thats about 3 1/2 inches long. With stock fully extended its about 30 3/4 inches.

I'm thinking of getting another barrel that I can cut or I may just put the brace on it, reason being I think MD law requires that a folding stock be pinned..please correct me if I am wrong.

I kind of lost track I put the build down for a little while...it was getting time consuming.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I have the EVO pistol w/stock barrel.

I tried to reach OAL with a Zhukov stock & a Faux suppressor thats about 3 1/2 inches long. With stock fully extended its about 30 3/4 inches.

I'm thinking of getting another barrel that I can cut or I may just put the brace on it, reason being I think MD law requires that a folding stock be pinned..please correct me if I am wrong.

I kind of lost track I put the build down for a little while...it was getting time consuming.

gotcha, Ill have to look into things and see if anyone makes a 10.5 or 11 inch barrel so I can sbr my rifle version.

stock doesn't have to be pinned as there is no flash hider, the scorpion doesn't run a foul of the copycat law.

then again, its not an ar 15, so who knows if the same test even applies.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Magpul is going to be releasing magazines, a magazine release and a pistol grip for these in the next few months.

Just an fyi for any of you that may have a scorpion.

Its nice to see a big name company starting to make aftermarket options for these pistols/carbines. a lot of the current stuff is junk imo.

I saw all of these products at the Magpul display yesterday. The mag release seemed really nice, and I also liked the magazines they had. The magazines where the typical black Magpul plastic with little holes at some places on the side so you could see how many rounds were left. The grip felt comfortable, but the texture on it was really rough and grippy, not like the Magpul AR grips I have used. Would be good with gloves, may be a little rough on bare hands until it wears in some. The guy I asked said the mags didn’t have a release date yet because they were still in development, didn’t ask about the other two.

Also PSA is making mags that they claim work with the Scorpion now.https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak-v-9x19mm-35-round-u9-patterned-magazine-5165448274.html

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Got the safety delete on the right side, extended polymer charging handle and trigger spring from hbi industries installed this weekend. Big difference in trigger pull weight. No safety digging into my finger and charging handle is nice as well. Recommend all 3 to any new owner.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Got the safety delete on the right side, extended polymer charging handle and trigger spring from hbi industries installed this weekend. Big difference in trigger pull weight. No safety digging into my finger and charging handle is nice as well. Recommend all 3 to any new owner.
    Is the spring the only part of the trigger kit? I read somewhere there is a compelling reason to replace the trigger as well. I picked my scorpion up last week and hope to out 100 rds through it next week, and evaluate changes after. I did pick up an SB brace though...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There are 2 springs in the trigger kit and a shim you may not need. https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-reduced-weight-trigger-spring-kit/
    There is no compelling reason to replace the trigger, or the charging handle, but I did on both, (also HBI) but I don't remember them being as expensive as they currently are.

I also recommend either the Ak style safety or the "safely delete" which get rid of a lever that presses into your finger and the Zeti works grip. The duckbill mag release is a functional improvement too.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I just put a couple hundred rounds today through my HBI theta trigger with HBI springs. The trigger feel still sucks but it’s much lighter. It’s not great, but it was worth it.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I just put a couple hundred rounds today through my HBI theta trigger with HBI springs. The trigger feel still sucks but it’s much lighter. It’s not great, but it was worth it.

Yup, as someone that’s taken a liking to nice triggers as of late, I can agree here. Trigger isn’t a crisp breaking work of art, but the pull weight reduction alone is worth it here in my opinion. Doesn’t feel like I’m trying to squeeze a stress ball each time I pull the trigger anymore.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I went with the AK style safety, new trigger spring, and extended mag release. Stuck a red dot on it and haven't stopped grinning since. The safety lever was the only required upgrade.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I went with the AK style safety, new trigger spring, and extended mag release. Stuck a red dot on it and haven't stopped grinning since. The safety lever was the only required upgrade.

Yup. I’m waiting on magpul extended msg release, as it’s cheaper than most of the other options, and the pistol grip. I plan on picking up some of the 35 round mags as well.

Hurry up already magpul !!!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Yup. I’m waiting on magpul extended msg release, as it’s cheaper than most of the other options, and the pistol grip. I plan on picking up some of the 35 round mags as well.

Hurry up already magpul !!!

I’ve only heard bad things about the Magpul mag release. I will most likely give the pistol grip a try if the FDE matches and it feels better than the Apex I’m using now.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I’ve only heard bad things about the Magpul mag release. I will most likely give the pistol grip a try if the FDE matches and it feels better than the Apex I’m using now.

I didn’t think any of the parts were even out yet?

The magpul magazine release is slated to be about 2/3’s the cost of a gearhead works or some of the others.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    I saw the 3 products, grip, release and mag, on the pair of Scorpions they had on display at their vendor booth at the GAOS in Harrisburg. Not for sale, just for demo. You could handle them, just not buy them yet,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom