• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -The last 4 months have been a dry spell for me. Bid on some wonderful bucket list items only to come away empty handed every time. Most times it was frustrating as I was "knocking at the back door". But occasionally I got blown out, not even in the hunt.
    -Then last month I ran across an auction filled with Lugers from an advanced collector. I had been searching for a Navy Luger magazine pouch for the rig I got earlier in the year and there was a proper example in fair-good condition listed last in the catalog with three other Arty Luger pouches. So I decided to bid live over the 'net and sat down at the computer.
    -Well the three Arty pouches go cheap and I'm optimistic that I can get a $200 Navy pouch for a bargain. The last Arty pouch sells for $90 and now I'm ready to go. Up comes a pouch on the screen and I open with a $80 bid. Then it dawns on me, this isn't the Navy lot, but the last Arty pouch! What happened? Well, someone withdrew their bid and the auctioneer started the last Arty lot from scratch. Now everyone is spooked and my bid is the only one. So I get a fantastic condition Arty pouch for pennies on the dollar.
    -Next comes the Navy pouch and there's a bit of a food fight but it's mine for $120 OTD which is still a good price.
    -But now I have this Arty pouch and no Artillery Luger rig to go with it! Do I put my pennies away and save up for the $3K plus that will be necessary to grab a nice one? Or do I let it go to another collector?
    -Navy pouch in black on the left, Artillery pouch in brown on the right.

Attachments

• IMGP8867.JPG
      IMGP8867.JPG
      51.2 KB · Views: 317
    • IMGP8868.JPG
      IMGP8868.JPG
      59.8 KB · Views: 303

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've routinely posted about getting the cart in front of the horse. Case in point: I snagged a fantastic Austrian Roth Steyr holster with an original stripper clip filled with period ammo for a song at a Redding auction last year. Since then I've been trolling for a Roth Steyr I can mate with it. Definitely getting it backwards. Sadly the Arty's cost puts it beyond a simple ramen noodle diet solution. But I'm a stubborn man with a touch of OCD. Who knows what path this will take me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom