Hooli the Goat Declares Winter is Over in Deep Creek!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    With what limited authority our Hooligan Mascot Goat has bestowed on me, I second Hooli's proclamation! Winter 2016-17 is OVER! :party29:

One of my first spring tasks was to replace the tattered Old Glory that was retired last fall. It's great to see our flag proudly displayed once again.

:patriot:

Then there's the matter of all that mulch to spread and on-sale plants to get in the ground. That will happen in due time.

Robins are building nests. Stay tuned, there could be a robin nest thread in our future.

Welcome Spring!

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC07372 SNIP.jpg
      DSC07372 SNIP.jpg
      67.8 KB · Views: 491
    • DSC07374.jpg
      DSC07374.jpg
      127.6 KB · Views: 511
    • DSC07378.jpg
      DSC07378.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 520

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We never had winter in most of the state. Sadly we're now into our 6+ months of summer.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yesterday was interesting. I thought it was very muggy in the morning and when the sun broke through, a nice warm day with a breeze. I enjoyed it.

For those in Hazzard County, it was a great day for a visit to Broom's Bloom!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They don't consider it any more than flurries unless they get 10 inches or more.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Go ahead and taunt Mother Nature. See how well that worked for Denver :lol2:

Inigoes,

After all these years of knowing you, I'm convinced you have a direct hot line set up with Mother Nature. ;)

Let me ask you this: Do you simply wait for her to see our posts? Or do you call her personally to inform her when she's being taunted?

The NWS forecast for Deep Creek this weekend is why I ask:

NWS Detailed Forecast:
    Saturday Night:
    Rain showers likely before 2am, then rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35.
    Sunday:
    Snow showers likely before 9am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 9am and 10am, then a chance of rain showers after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.

We Hooligans have planned range trips, blasted away and posted pics with weather forecasts worse than this. Sooner or later, it all evens out.

In the meantime, when I catch up with that damn goat I plan on kicking his tail up between his horns!

Winter - PLEASE GO AWAY!!

:tantrum:

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Inigoes,

After all these years of knowing you, I'm convinced you have a direct hot line set up with Mother Nature. ;)

Let me ask you this: Do you simply wait for her to see our posts? Or do you call her personally to inform her when she's being taunted?

We Hooligans have planned range trips, blasted away and posted pics with weather forecasts worse than this. Sooner or later, it all evens out.

In the meantime, when I catch up with that damn goat I plan on kicking his tail up between his horns!

Yeah, they are calling for an inch of snow down here in Glady, WV Saturday. Winter ain't going to loosen her grip quite yet.

It's suppose to get down into the upper twenties Friday and Saturday night, any of you know if this will damage the leaves of the young fruit trees I planted this spring?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yeah, they are calling for an inch of snow down here in Glady, WV Saturday. Winter ain't going to loosen her grip quite yet.

It's suppose to get down into the upper twenties Friday and Saturday night, any of you know if this will damage the leaves of the young fruit trees I planted this spring?

If you get a freeze, it could.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Inigoes,

Wouldn't you know I'm heading up that way this evening.:sad20: Probably won't be able to make it to the range though.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    How about a picture of Hooli the weather prognosticator.

Hooli was always very camera shy when Mooseman was here to tend him.
    However, we have a pic of Hooli being shy. He was retreating to his comfort zone after a day at the range...

:innocent0

Attachments

• Hooli's Butt Circled.jpg
      Hooli's Butt Circled.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads