• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Just because they tried to make it seemed like they were associated with BLM doesn't make it true, could be someone trying to stir up trouble. If yo were coming from a shooting range or sportsmen club they would assume you are armed, not a smart move to pull that sort of thing on someone armed.

What a great first post :rolleyes:

People leaving gun ranges are generally forbidden to be armed by Maryland law.

///close thread.

I cannot speak for anyone else but I am a SLSC member. I hold a security clearance and know FULL WELL what comes with that. You conduct yourself like your under the microscope and always be the better person. I have FAR more to lose that most of the losers that occupy and degenerate Lexington Park. I would imagine a majority of SLSC members are under the same scenario and conduct themselves accordingly.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    What a great first post :rolleyes:

///close thread.

I cannot speak for anyone else but I am a SLSC member. I hold a security clearance and know FULL WELL what comes with that. You conduct yourself like your under the microscope and always be the better person. I have FAR more to lose that most of the losers that occupy and degenerate Lexington Park. I would imagine a majority of SLSC members are under the same scenario and conduct themselves accordingly.

This

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    At this point with all this violent stuff going on, I say Fu$k the law. When I’m driving with my daughter, I will be packing. My daughter’s life is more important than getting charged with unlawful carry. This from someone with a spotless record and a lot to lose. I can’t believe it has come to this.

I have been contemplating this myself. I would rather be on trial for defending my family and myself, then being on the gurney in the morgue. The law will not protect us, and unfortunately the law will come after US. So now no one likes law enforcement. How the hell did we get here?:mad54:

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    You're probably right, but I'll still take things like this seriously.

My perspective; I grew up in the late '60s early '70s. I attended some not so nice schools. I've been jumped by groups of people for no other reason than for being white. I was held up at gunpoint on my high school campus by a group of thugs who decided they would rob as many white people they could that day. There were constant shakedowns there in search of weapons. Later the same year, a bomb was found in a locker. We had constant race motivated rumbles and skirmishes all through jr high and high school. My family finally escaped that area for the general safety and security of MoCo.

I carried the scars of that world for a number of years. I can say today, I am not a racist. Still, my trust is hard won. I will consider any warning, a serious one, until I see different.

I had a similar experience where I was falsely accused of doing something that got me in deep trouble with my parents that included a beating (back in the day). After that I had trust issues myself, even to this day and this was over 40 years ago.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    To me is sounds like we are being trolled. I think this is more urban legend than anything else. If that were to happen I guess I will fight until the death because I am not kneeling for anyone but GOD!

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    There were definitely two emails regarding the situation sent out to SLSC members from the board. Past that can't comment on what actually happened.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Now I'm thinking I'm not on the member email list cuZ I didn't get anything. Wild times, wild times.

Wasn't there any discussion among the board members? Definitely two emails sent on the 5th.

I'm shocked that there's nothing in the local news yet.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    To me is sounds like we are being trolled. I think this is more urban legend than anything else. If that were to happen I guess I will fight until the death because I am not kneeling for anyone but GOD!

When questioned by police: "I fought for my life with any tools i had availble at the moment of life or death. It just happened to be this fully semi automatic ak-15 with a 30 round magazine clip drum that shoots 50 rounds a second."

They will feel sorry for you and let you go.

PS: This is not legal guidance/advice and your mileage may vary.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Did this ever hit the newspaper, police blotter or anything? All but guaranteed there would be at least a totaled car and some public report if this happened to most anyone here.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    I got both emails as well. For the past year, every email from Sanners has had a warning at the bottom of the page warning us to check our six when leaving the club.

swierczekml

Apr 19, 2011
    The recent screw-up by the club accidentally resending the e-mail about this incident prompted me to see if there were any updates, whereupon I came across this thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=245907

To quote:

----------------------------------------------------------

Did the truth ever come out about this thread?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?245619&p=5923307#post5923307

this was a fabricated story and the incident was a road rage incident where the "victim" cut off two vehicles

If this event was, in fact, “fabricated” it seems like some sort of correction and apology are in order. Otherwise, we are no better than the fake news we choose to chastise.

Shaner

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    The recent screw-up by the club accidentally resending the e-mail about this incident prompted me to see if there were any updates, whereupon I came across this thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=245907

To quote:

Did the truth ever come out about this thread?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?245619&p=5923307#post5923307

this was a fabricated story and the incident was a road rage incident where the "victim" cut off two vehicles

If this event was, in fact, “fabricated” it seems like some sort of correction and apology are in order. Otherwise, we are no better than the fake news we choose to chastise.

How did anyone read this story and think it was true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom