• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I have a new Production Springfield in 308 that I would be willing to part with had it listed in the classifieds a couple months ago. OP pm me if you are interested.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Fulton Armory makes them but they are not cheap.

They’ll rebarrel a regular Garand in .308 if you have one. I beleive their cost is barrel + $100. If you supply the barrel I think it is minimum $100 and up or something like that. I forget “user supplied barrel” cost, but they have it advertised on their page.

The Criterion barrels they are selling seem to be fair priced around $250 for match. Super match I think are $350.

If/when mine gets worn to hell and if Fulton is still around I’d probably have them rebarrel it (in .30-06 though. I like it original).

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I have a new Production Springfield in 308 that I would be willing to part with had it listed in the classifieds a couple months ago. OP pm me if you are interested.

I have one of these also. New manufacturing from Springfield not the old Springfield. Never had any issue or malfunction with the rifle.
    BTW mine is not for sale.

If you want to see an interesting rifle look on YouTube for M1 Garand in .458 win mag

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    An Italian Tipo 1 or Tipo 2 would also qualify. The Tipo 1 had a new 7.62 NATO barrel while the Tipo 2 had the barrel shortened from the rear and rechambered, the gas port opened up, and every other necessary part shortened by about 1/2" too.

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    The CMP was selling Garand's with a new Critereon 308 barrel and a safety block so you couldn't accidentally load 30-06. I picked one up a few years back. It came with not only a new barrel but a new stock and all the metal was freshly parkerized. So not much in the vintage feel. Felt more like a brand new rifle.

I can't lie, after a few too many smashed thumbs I really didn't shoot it very much.

I decided what I really wanted was an M1A but by then they were banned in MD so I sent it to Shuff's and had it converted to mag feed.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Charlie Maloney has an M1 in .308 for sale. Just a heads up if anyone is interested. His contact info is earlier in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom