• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Here it is including additional pictures.

AK47004-vi.jpg

AK47002-vi.jpg

AK47005-vi.jpg

AK47006-vi.jpg

AK47010-vi.jpg

AK47011-vi.jpg

AK47012-vi.jpg

It looks different than this one:
    http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Code=AK470005&Category_Code=Long+Guns

Elk Ridge receiver, mossberg barrel, Tapco forearm, Tapco trigger group, Romanian innards, un named stock and un named handgrip

Last edited:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i can't wait to pick up mine this weekend, then i;ll be racing off to freedom or elk neck:D i've already picked out a new stock for mine.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    I bought the Tapco foregrip rail kit for the galil forearm. But now, after looking at it, I'm not sure of the clearance issues. I'll mount it as forward as I can, but shrug....I may not even bother. Then I'd have to figure out how to remove the galil grip and drill holes for installation...LOL. Also, no mag wobble. The 20 round metal bulgarian mag fits perfectly without any wobble. I'll be testing the Tapco and Hungarian 30 rounders later this week.

BTW, the instruction booklet that came with the AK was for the STG-2000. I'll email them to see if there's a specific AK manual. The cleaning kit it came with was a bit old and had bits of rust. I may order a new one.

Major Kudos to Dan for oiling it up for me before pick-up ;)

Last edited:

LastDon

Feb 7, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I bought one yesterday too.

I'm looking into putting a Kobra on it first. I'll also have to find some hi-cap mags in either PA or DE.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I bought one yesterday too.

I'm looking into putting a Kobra on it first. I'll also have to find some hi-cap mags in either PA or DE.

I'm headed up to PA today to try to grab some.. SOMEWHERE.. seriously i have no clue where to look.. I'm going basically up to york then northeast to Mt Joy. Anyone have any recommendations of shops up that way??

Btw, first thing that is gonna go on my I.O. is the forgrip.. REALLY dont like it wanna find something more traditionally shaped.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Which side plate do you plan to use? ;) This AK doesn't come w/ a side mount plate, so we have to install one ourselves :( There are so many to choose from here. Which kobra sight are you getting? How much do they run? Sorry for all the questions, but, I'm still trying to figure out what options to put on this new toy.

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html

LastDon

Feb 7, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I want to get an 03M.

It looks like the Kobras come with a side mount plate, or at least the ones I've seen appear to have the plate or mount built into the optic itself. That's one of the reasons I was so interested in the Kobra.

They look to run about $199-$240, depending on where you look.

Let me know if/where you find a place with AK mags.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I'm headed up to PA today to try to grab some.. SOMEWHERE.. seriously i have no clue where to look.. I'm going basically up to york then northeast to Mt Joy. Anyone have any recommendations of shops up that way??

Btw, first thing that is gonna go on my I.O. is the forgrip.. REALLY dont like it wanna find something more traditionally shaped.

made some calls..... stubby's has bulgarian 30's for $15

freedom has bulgarian plastics $35, bulgarian steel $30, and hungarian steel for $25 (used)

neither kept tapco

LastDon

Feb 7, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Any idea how picky these guns are with ammo?

If I get a case of Wolf, will my AK eat it up, or will it jam after 50 rounds?

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Hopefully, they'll eat everything. The receiver is made in Elk Ridge, TX, but the rest of the innards except for the trigger group are all Romanian I believe.

Dang, those are expensive mag prices. Copes Distributing has most for around $15.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Fondeled one at GC today. Nice gun, points great and I'm not an AK guy. Almost reached for the Discover Card...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    A Kobra sight is on my birthday list. My AR I want to keep in great shape, and it needs some tweaking as it has a couple extraction problems here and there. The AK runs like clockwork and eats Wolf all day.

And it's pretty damn accurate. I have an Arsenal with the Steyr barrel :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I want to get an 03M.

It looks like the Kobras come with a side mount plate, or at least the ones I've seen appear to have the plate or mount built into the optic itself. That's one of the reasons I was so interested in the Kobra.

They look to run about $199-$240, depending on where you look.

Let me know if/where you find a place with AK mags.

Where are you finding them so cheap? I can't find them for under $280...

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    i went up to freedom armory today got 2 waffle poly's for 45 bucks.. drover further up to families, a place called trop gun in MT Joy PA, picked up two more for 40 for my I.O.

Attachments

• IMAGE_037.jpg
      IMAGE_037.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 1,218

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads