• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I’m late to the party, but what in the actual f&$k?!?!?

That is embarrassing to say the least. Obviously HoCo PD is not used to “violent” offenders such as this. I don’t know the whole backstory, but there was ZERO concern for officer safety. Also, is it laminated glass or glass with window tint? That kind of operate the same. Best course of action is some explosive force with a halligan bar, sweep the frame and pull it out. Violence of action works sometimes.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Got to win everything at all costs.

It's why LE is universally disliked. peoples attitudes towards them have changed drastically in the last 10-15 years. Made the bed. Now they get to lay in it.

You don’t speak for anyone but yourself. Dont project your opinions on other forum members.

Most here have the utmost respect and admiration for most LE.

Painting them all as bad is just BS.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I’m late to the party, but what in the actual f&$k?!?!?

That is embarrassing to say the least. Obviously HoCo PD is not used to “violent” offenders such as this. I don’t know the whole backstory, but there was ZERO concern for officer safety. Also, is it laminated glass or glass with window tint? That kind of operate the same. Best course of action is some explosive force with a halligan bar, sweep the frame and pull it out. Violence of action works sometimes.

I think it is the effects of "deescalation at all costs" and "get the job done, don't hurt anyone, don't break anything, and don't look bad on camera".

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

It's why LE is universally disliked. peoples attitudes towards them have changed drastically in the last 10-15 years. Made the bed. Now they get to lay in it.

More than that; specifically with HoCo PD.

We've had "run in's" with them twice since we've been in Maryland.

1. When we lived in Columbia, my wife was trying to drive to the apartment one night while HoCo Popo had the complex "cordoned off" due to a disturbance. They missed one entrance and my wife nonchalantly drove through it and to our apartment home and parked. Was immediately pounced upon by an overzealous HoCo police idiot whom seemed to lose control of himself; verbally cussed at her for violating a police blockade.

2. One of HoCo's finest pulled me over on MD100 for my modulating headlight on my motorcycle; and ticketed me for it despite my attempts to explain the legality of them. Ended up reporting him to HoCo PD Internal affairs and was absolved of the ticket, and a promise to educate the entire HoCo Popo department on the legality of headlight modulators on motorcycles.

Not bashing cops in general, I like them to an extent. However HoCo Popo needs some work on professional improvement, regarding our expectations of them and their duties.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

People's attitudes haven't changed one bit. The vocal minority was given a voice highlighted by Mr. Obama. When he starts interjecting his two cents into arrests for trespassing that could have been avoided by the arrestee complying with a simple and reasonable request it empowers the vocal minority.

Apply a few false narratives and over explotation by the media and you get a sense that the "attitudes towards them" has changed. The reality is the same group (the vast majority of folks) support the police and the vocal minority does not. The lost their big platform and are hanging on in select media demo-graphs that continue to push a false narrative.

At the end of the day I'm not sure what your post has to do with this thread really. There didn't appear to be a "at any costs" in this situation. They attempted to destroy minimal property and use minimal force to either conduct an arrest or continue their investigation. Leaving this person who was likely under the influence of some narcotic to continue to make irrational decisions while being behind the wheel of a 4,000 missile wouldn't be prudent.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    People's attitudes haven't changed one bit. The vocal minority was given a voice highlighted by Mr. Obama. When he starts interjecting his two cents into arrests for trespassing that could have been avoided by the arrestee complying with a simple and reasonable request it empowers the vocal minority.

Apply a few false narratives and over explotation by the media and you get a sense that the "attitudes towards them" has changed. The reality is the same group (the vast majority of folks) support the police and the vocal minority does not. The lost their big platform and are hanging on in select media demo-graphs that continue to push a false narrative.

At the end of the day I'm not sure what your post has to do with this thread really. There didn't appear to be a "at any costs" in this situation. They attempted to destroy minimal property and use minimal force to either conduct an arrest or continue their investigation. Leaving this person who was likely under the influence of some narcotic to continue to make irrational decisions while being behind the wheel of a 4,000 missile wouldn't be prudent.

Yes, but if your goal is to detain and arrest someone... do it. That whole video with the HoCo Popo demonstratively showed incompetence. Exhaustively instructing a female cop how to hit/break a car window at the time it was needed? What was that; first time on patrol for her in the general public?

Don't try to do it half azzed. Because that usually doesn't bode well in the general outcome of things.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    You don’t speak for anyone but yourself. Dont project your opinions on other forum members.

Most here have the utmost respect and admiration for most LE.

Painting them all as bad is just BS.

Just a few thoughts on this. If most people were honest about the topic it could be generalized as there is a respect for Officers of the Peace, but a disgust for Law Enforcement Officers.

Now before all the piling on. Officers of the Peace do what is required to keep the peace. A Law Enforcement Officer has a different mindset.

An example. One is driving down the interstate traveling 10 mph over the limit. Clear sunny day, no traffic. An Officer of the Peace won’t even give you a second look. A Law Enforcement Officer will pull you over. If you are lucky you will get off with a warning and some waisted time. They look for reasons to pull people over, it is called probable cause. Then they look to see what else they can charge you with. Now were you disturbing the peace, no. Were you bothering anyone, no. But you were hassled.

Most Police Officers fall under the Officers of the Peace category. The problem is that it only takes one Law Enforcement type to give the rest a bad name.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    True but saying most people dislike them is both unfounded and is also clearly the poster’s opinion and as of yet, unsupported by any corroborating facts.

Give us facts before spouting off your personal views on the subject and portraying them as factual because they’re not unless you provide some actual number proving it.

Painting everyone with a broad brush never is accurate or helpful

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just a few thoughts on this. If most people were honest about the topic it could be generalized as there is a respect for Officers of the Peace, but a disgust for Law Enforcement Officers.

Now before all the piling on. Officers of the Peace do what is required to keep the peace. A Law Enforcement Officer has a different mindset.

An example. One is driving down the interstate traveling 10 mph over the limit. Clear sunny day, no traffic. An Officer of the Peace won’t even give you a second look. A Law Enforcement Officer will pull you over. If you are lucky you will get off with a warning and some waisted time. They look for reasons to pull people over, it is called probable cause. Then they look to see what else they can charge you with. Now were you disturbing the peace, no. Were you bothering anyone, no. But you were hassled.

Most Police Officers fall under the Officers of the Peace category. The problem is that it only takes one Law Enforcement type to give the rest a bad name.

Yeah well when we do traffic stops we don't know the person we're pulling over happens to be entitled to define when and where he/she can have the law apply to them and that enforcement of said laws should be on their terms. :rolleyes:

For the record, I don't do a lot of traffic stops despite the fact that I could make a whole career of it. Of the stops I do, I issue even fewer citations, however, those citations are usually earned by someone who's behavior clearly indicates that they feel entitled to do whatever they want.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

From what you describe it really sounds like the only person who has a disgust for law enforcement officers is you.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

We want to be left alone until we are a victim of a crime. Then we want the police to show up.

Instead of wanting the police to ignore some laws, only enforce ones that cause you a danger or loss, and enforce laws on a whim why not get the "useless" laws off the books?

Wouldn't that make more sense?

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    For the record, I don't do a lot of traffic stops despite the fact that I could make a whole career of it. Of the stops I do, I issue even fewer citations, however, those citations are usually earned by someone who's behavior clearly indicates that they feel entitled to do whatever they want.[/QUOTE]

Then you fall into the category of Officer of the Peace.

From what you describe it really sounds like the only person who has a disgust for law enforcement officers is you.

I think some need to look up the definition of Officer of the Peace. Officers of the Peace treat you as a fellow citizen. When I refer to Law Enforcement Officer, I’m referring to the arrogant individual who feels they are better than the people they are sworn to protect. The individual that does what is referred to as “abuse of badge”.

I have interacted with many officers over the years and have nothing but respect for the people that are on the job. However, I have had a couple of interactions with the “abuse of badge” type. And yes, I do have disgust for those couple, for they make it harder for the honest hard-working officers.

No matter the profession there are always a couple that makes it harder for the rest.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Then you fall into the category of Officer of the Peace.

I think some need to look up the definition of Officer of the Peace. Officers of the Peace treat you as a fellow citizen. When I refer to Law Enforcement Officer, I’m referring to the arrogant individual who feels they are better than the people they are sworn to protect. The individual that does what is referred to as “abuse of badge”.

I have interacted with many officers over the years and have nothing but respect for the people that are on the job. However, I have had a couple of interactions with the “abuse of badge” type. And yes, I do have disgust for those couple, for they make it harder for the honest hard-working officers.

No matter the profession there are always a couple that makes it harder for the rest.

Then your problem is you're having trouble communicating with other people here because you're making up your own definitions for normal phrases that are not accurate and people don't recognize. Believe it or not most of the normal world doesn't see "Law Enforcement Officer" as a derogatory or authoritarian term. But then again most of the world doesn't define pulling someone over for going 10mph over the limit as thuggish behavior either.

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Was at a party this evening and spoke with someone who was at Daniels when this all went down and got some more info from my buddy with the flat tire from the spike strip.

The lady in the Volvo/Venza/whatever the hell it was apparently suffered from some sort of psychotic episode. She was yelling and cursing at both the Daniels employees who were telling her that she had to move and then also at the cops when they showed up.

After the incident seen on the video she left Daniels with one of the spike strips still on the vehicle. Went south on Rt 1 and turned left on Montgomery Rd where the spike strip eventually fell off her vehicle and was run over by my buddy as he was turning onto Montgomery Rd. The crazy broad turned left on Old Washington Rd, went all the way back down to the end and then turned right on Rt 1 North and went back past Daniels driving with no rubber on at least two rims.

Several of the wait staff at Daniels pointed out her car to the remaining HoCo PD officers and they followed her towards the city where they lost her. She was eventually picked up at a house in Pasadena a couple of hours later.

And the male cop who went to reach into the car as she pulled away apparently broke a finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom