• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    just a thought...if you're going to be removing and not using the handguard thats on the gas tube...but its being a little bitch and not coming off (which they cant be hard sometimes)...why not just cut it in half and relieve the pressure and then take it off?...just a thought...

Well I'm 99% sure that the top rail will fit on the gas tube. It seems to go over top of it. But that 1% chance, I don't want to be without a top handguard. I thought about cutting it, but I don't really want to risk it.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    try letting WD-40 soak on it for about an hour, get a pair of channel locks and wrap some tape around the front portion of the gas tube to protect it, put on some thick gloves, grab the tube snug with the channel locks and twist like a mofo with your other hand on the handguard.

if that doesnt work...cut it. a handguard is cheaper than a gas tube.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    try letting WD-40 soak on it for about an hour, get a pair of channel locks and wrap some tape around the front portion of the gas tube to protect it, put on some thick gloves, grab the tube snug with the channel locks and twist like a mofo with your other hand on the handguard.

if that doesnt work...cut it. a handguard is cheaper than a gas tube.

Yeah, it surely is cheaper. Gas tube is $25-$40.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    gotcha. then what i mentioned before will be your best bet to twisting it off. you can also, this sounds odd, but if it is a wood grip try putting it in the freezer for a few hours...this should cause the wood to shrink slightly.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    gotcha. then what i mentioned before will be your best bet to twisting it off. you can also, this sounds odd, but if it is a wood grip try putting it in the freezer for a few hours...this should cause the wood to shrink slightly.

It's polymer, so I boiled water, and poured water on it, and let it sit for a while, thinking it would expand it. Didn't work. It moved a little bit, but it feels like it's hooked in or something. 922r laws maybe?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    It's polymer, so I boiled water, and poured water on it, and let it sit for a while, thinking it would expand it. Didn't work. It moved a little bit, but it feels like it's hooked in or something. 922r laws maybe?

na, their just absolute bitches sometimes...remember though, someone had to get it on there, so if they got it on you can get it off. you dont really want it to expand, that is just going to make life harder for you.

just an offer to consider...if you are willing to drive a bit you can come down to my place and i will help you get everything taken care of. while you're here if you want some trigger work, BCG/Bolt polished and stuff like that then i can do that for you...no charge or anything

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    na, their just absolute bitches sometimes...remember though, someone had to get it on there, so if they got it on you can get it off. you dont really want it to expand, that is just going to make life harder for you.

Yeah, if it's polymer freezing it might not help. I'll just cut the damn thing. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom