• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I like the 7.62X39 round and have to say its my round of choice. I have an AR15, AK, Saiga, and SKS in this Cal!! What should I get next?

I know about the Ruger Mini-30 (which i don't want right now but maybe one day) and a Galil and Daewoo AR (which I can't afford), what is the next rifles I should get in 7.62x39 and one I can afford??

Please help me buy my next rifle!!!

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    XCR! man thoes are some sweet guns, a bit $$$ but IMHO worth it from what I have experenced and read. I am saving up for a nice SBR 10" in 7.62x39 A great room clearer AR's eat your heart out... its piston driven, adjustable gas regulator, great left handed charging/clear lever, multi cal design (swap bolt and barrel)
    For a regular 16+in model expect to pay $1300ish but talk to XCRmonger on the forums she may be able to help with configuring and deals

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The earlier vz52 (7.62x45) had some models converted to 7.62x39, called the vz 52/57.

Some enfields have been converted to 7.62x39, i believe its a popular conversion in autralia.

I've seen mauser barrels in 7.62x39 also.

7.62x39 ar uppers.

There are so many models of ak's and sks's you could explore.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Good feedback so far....can't afford the XCR, if I had the $$ it would get my desired Galil. I was just reading about convert Enfields...that sparked an interest as well as teh CZ527. I like the idea of a bolt

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Good feedback so far....can't afford the XCR, if I had the $$ it would get my desired Galil. I was just reading about convert Enfields...that sparked an interest as well as teh CZ527. I like the idea of a bolt

Since I got my Russian SKS twins I've been entertaining the idea of a matching caliber bolt gun. That Remington 799 sparks my interest abit.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    stay away from the mini14 and 30. If I were you I'd look at moving into the 762x51 or 54 round.

Or, if you must stay with the .39, then get another of what you already have so you can swap parts out if you need to. Personally I'd get another AK and get rid of the SKS and AR but that is just me.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Your choices in bolts are M77, Rem 799 and CZ 527

I like my CZ527, only thing is it is .223 and I am having a hard time getting it dialed in due to the fact that cheap ammo and 1 and 12 twist dont seem to mix well (does really well on brown bear for some odd reason, I think it is the longer 62 grain bullet).

I want to get one in 7.62*39 someday if I can, the trigger on these guns is awesome. Push foward match, regular hunting trigger

Now only risk with 7.62*39 is that it is a really vulnerable caliber for ammo restrictions and price fluctuations. One exective order and 90% of our cheap ammo is cut off until the domestic suppliers such as UMC come online with lower end ammo.

My father is still complaining about his recent Rem 799 (Zastava) purchase in .223 but I think he is having some of the same problems I had with my CZ and not liking a lot of surplus ammo. The 7.62 guns probably are not as sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom