• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Watching Fox 45 news right now and they have an "investigative reporting" piece on buying illegal guns in Baltimore. Some yoot was dealing guns off of his instagram account. Of course the anchor characterized it as "easier to get an illegal gun than it is to buy a candy bar".

If we are talking about the criminal enterprise of dealing stolen guns... well yeah... duh. There are hundreds of illegal guns bought and sold on the street corners of Baltimore every day. NEWS FLASH... criminals break the law.

The sad part is that this will be used as additional ammo (pardon the pun) to crack down on the lawful transactions between honest citizens with no criminal records or intent. I've got news for these reporters, squeezing the law abiding does nothing to stop criminals. /rant.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Problem is as Hogan suggested when he veto'd the logistically impossible long gun Face to face background check law, they are getting just slaps on the wrist.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Watching Fox 45 news right now and they have an "investigative reporting" piece on buying illegal guns in Baltimore. Some yoot was dealing guns off of his instagram account. Of course the anchor characterized it as "easier to get an illegal gun than it is to buy a candy bar".

If we are talking about the criminal enterprise of dealing stolen guns... well yeah... duh. There are hundreds of illegal guns bought and sold on the street corners of Baltimore every day. NEWS FLASH... criminals break the law.

The sad part is that this will be used as additional ammo (pardon the pun) to crack down on the lawful transactions between honest citizens with no criminal records or intent. I've got news for these reporters, squeezing the law abiding does nothing to stop criminals. /rant.

Problem is as Hogan suggested when he veto'd the logistically impossible long gun Face to face background check law, they are getting just slaps on the wrist.

The MSM and our Betters are just warming up for the upcoming MGA session. Anybody check out the Lawyers Mall area yet?

attachment.php

Attachments

• patpicketwwnc.jpeg
      patpicketwwnc.jpeg
      3.8 KB · Views: 866

Mr H

Banana'd

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Not a bad idea.

Now, somebody do a show on how to buy a legal handgun in Maryland. Damn thing would need ten parts an three months.

If someone actually did a story in the news about this it would show what buying a legal handgun in Maryland is like.

Just a thought.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I gotta ask. Just how in the heck?

Probably 2013. This coming from a 13er who waited 68 days and thought myself lucky it was that short

Yep... it was in the post Sandyhook/pre-FSA nonsense period. The former Whitemarsh Arms on Reisterstown Road wouldn't release.

I am a proud '13er... because of that lunacy, I found MDS.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Same here! Mine was “in jail” at “The Gun Center” on Rosemont and Military. They refused to release “on advise of our lawyers”. 30 days later I bought a Sig 1911-22 at Keystone Sporting Goods in Hagerstown and picked it up 10 days later with no problem. 10 days because they had to get a shell casing for MSP to toss into a 55gal drum.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Next up, a hard hitting piece of journalisming focused on how easy it is to buy controlled substances on street corners in west Baltimore. ; )

Hammers and fast food are still responsible for more deaths in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom