• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yup this one is an Appalachian Promotions show at the Pikesville Armory Sep 12-13. It's not a big show, most of the usual suspects. I usually try to swing by this one since it's relatively close to home.

The Pikesville show was one of the first gun shows I ever attended. I remember walking in that first time and thinking "god it's huge, look at all the guns dealers"

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Having never been to a gun show, which is better(? funner? more gunnier?), the Pikesville show or the Silverado gun show in Howard County? Pikesville is 7 miles from my house. (I'd ride my bicycle, but if I bought a rifle it might be weird biking home). Howard Co. is only 21 miles, so distance isn't an issue.

I'm shopping for a Ruger .22, either the Mark II/III and/or a 10/22. After that it's pistol's 9mm, .40s&w .45acp from Ruger, Kel-Tec, Kahr, or Bersa. I mention that in case that helps your answer.

TIA,
    GB

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    What I've noticed is the Silverado shows seem to have a lot of gun dealers with guns and ammo and the Pikesville shows tend to have a lot of militaria and antique weaponry. Since I like it all I go to both.
    One problem I have had with shows at Pikesville, it takes me about 45 minutes to get there and more than once over the last 5 years I got a flyer for a show there and once I got there the building was emtpy without even an explanation as to why it was cancelled.
    I think those shows were run by someone other than Appalachian productions but I'm not sure.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    What I've noticed is the Silverado shows seem to have a lot of gun dealers with guns and ammo and the Pikesville shows tend to have a lot of militaria and antique weaponry. Since I like it all I go to both.
    One problem I have had with shows at Pikesville, it takes me about 45 minutes to get there and more than once over the last 5 years I got a flyer for a show there and once I got there the building was emtpy without even an explanation as to why it was cancelled.
    I think those shows were run by someone other than Appalachian productions but I'm not sure.

OMG...I was born on the same day as George Mason!

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Sep 18-20 King of Prussia, 700 tbls Valley Forge Convention Center valleyforgegunshow.com This is usually a great show. A little long drive for some, but usually worth the effort. Was a good place for ammo before it became more valuable then gold.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I will be having a heart cath on Fri, the 11, so I may be able to make the 13th. Always like to walk around and talk to my firearm family.

Jim Smith

jsashooter

Jun 15, 2008
    Dundalk
    Good luck with the cath, hope everything goes well. As far as Pikesville, an armory is a great place for a gun show. I try to make it when I'm not working that weekend.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Ok, I'm gonna go even though I don't think this is the better of the 2 shows for me, (Howard Co vs. Pikesville). Being a newbie, I'm not sure what's of interest to me yet. I guess I'll walk around looking lost and then if I find something of interest I won't know how to judge it's quality. Anyone want to offer to "hold my hand"...no physical contact or touching is implied or desired :)

Gunbreath

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Ok, I'm gonna go even though I don't think this is the better of the 2 shows for me, (Howard Co vs. Pikesville). Being a newbie, I'm not sure what's of interest to me yet. I guess I'll walk around looking lost and then if I find something of interest I won't know how to judge it's quality. Anyone want to offer to "hold my hand"...no physical contact or touching is implied or desired :)

Gunbreath

Make sure you stop by Bmore nutz table and meet a fellow MD shooter :) Ill be wearing my MDshooters boonie hat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom