• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    The cool thing is that they bought it with seized drug money. They apparently bought 2 of them.

Sheriff Adams is a stand up guy. Supports 2A and has no issue at all giving a CLEO sign off.

Sheriff Adams piloted the drone personally on this case.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Now if we can get them to arrest the drug dealers and prostitutes in elkton we would be golden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Makes sense and is the future of LE.

Wait 10-40 minutes for a helicopter to show up, use thousands of dollars worth of resources, put pilot and flight crew at risk, or use a drone that you can likely have up in the area in 5 minutes and have minimal risk to safety and likely isn't subject to down time and weather restrictions.

Not a fan of it hovering/recording all the time but if it's used in a proper and limited way like police helicopters currently are they do make sense.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I bet none serve any signifant time. MD Judicial System is a joke.

Cecil County is at the head of the pack for ridiculous sentencing. I try not to read the police section on Cecil Daily because it usually pisses me off to read about sentencing. Bail is the worst. How can someone commit a crime of violence or assault and get out on bail the same day?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The cool thing is that they bought it with seized drug money. They apparently bought 2 of them.

Sheriff Adams is a stand up guy. Supports 2A and has no issue at all giving a CLEO sign off.

Sheriff Adams piloted the drone personally on this case.

The January that he took office (the weekend of a big snowstorm) I delivered my C&R packet info to him. Monday his Secatary called me and said that he ran the background check and approved it . Even though I wrote a letter say it was for his files. He took the time out to do that even though he had the storm coming told me , he was new and didn't know the rules but didn't let a emergency stop him from taking care of what he thought he needed to do .

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Makes sense and is the future of LE.

Wait 10-40 minutes for a helicopter to show up, use thousands of dollars worth of resources, put pilot and flight crew at risk, or use a drone that you can likely have up in the area in 5 minutes and have minimal risk to safety and likely isn't subject to down time and weather restrictions.

Not a fan of it hovering/recording all the time but if it's used in a proper and limited way like police helicopters currently are they do make sense.

The potential for their use in search and rescue/ missing person cases is massive.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Now if we can get them to arrest the drug dealers and prostitutes in elkton we would be golden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to guess, I'd say they probably do arrest them regularly. Then the judges, lawyers, and politicians make sure they get out of jail and back to their regular habits quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom