• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    The meat will be cooked before you can get it to your car. Waiting for the temps to calm down a bit...

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I saw one truck off the road on Falls rd.coming to work this morning. So some hard core dudes are out today. Not me,no way.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Same here, but out towards Damascus. One truck off the road near a farm.

Buddy of mine is going out to Monocacy tomorrow to try his hand. I told him to find water and stick to it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    If I get out of work early enough, I will try to head out there tonight. If not, tomorrow morning I will be out there. Good luck to everyone out there.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Dragging Bambi's fat behind through the woods and up hills when it's 45 degrees can bring on a heart attack.

I'll be damned if I'm going to tempt fate when it's 90 out.

Think I'll wait til it hits 70.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I'll see if my boy wants to get up early tomorrow morning. It's way too hot to go after work today, I'd work up a pig stinking sweat just walking out to the tree stand.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I'm heading to my Sika woods now, It-ll be fun just to see whats moving. Mosquitoes for sure. If I see a cheap stag I'll shoot

You're a better man than I am. You have either my respect or my condolences. Those skeeters had room for tail gunners and flat carried me up the trail without my feet ever touching the ground my last trip to the shore in this kind of weather.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You're a better man than I am. You have either my respect or my condolences. Those skeeters had room for tail gunners and flat carried me up the trail without my feet ever touching the ground my last trip to the shore in this kind of weather.

Trying to make like a unseen lump in the woods is difficult when you're forced to shoo annoying objects away.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Apply a generous coat of skeeter spray and hope they come in upwind. Better to have the smell and be motionless.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    heading up tonight to try and fill my cow elk and doe tags. my bear isnt until oct...ironically im more likely to see a bear than the other two.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Apply a generous coat of skeeter spray and hope they come in upwind. Better to have the smell and be motionless.

A product called No Stinkin' Bugs is good. Low scent and a little goes a long way. Their Fall scent, red can, seems to smell less.

Best to spray a bit in your hand and rub it on open skin. Avoids heavy over spray.

And I agree with still, but stinky.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The meat will be cooked before you can get it to your car. Waiting for the temps to calm down a bit...

I'm also not welcoming the ticks and chiggers that accompany sitting still in warm woods that I have been going to.

I need a warm weather long pants and shirt solution for that. I don't have one. I get hot in what I have. IS there a thin hunting pants that won't get me overheated that I can still rubber band the ankles and spray with permethrin?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    To hot for me. I'll wait another month before I go.

Funny thing is my wife called me this morning and said there was a deer under my stand....

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    Saw a fella with a deer on his Explorer's rear hitch cargo tray. Didn't see any water dripping, but could've. This was about 20 minutes before the tractor trailer accident @ I95 south & 695. Glad he didn't get stuck in that or he'd be stinkin by now.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Sitting over the creek on the lower part of the property. Saw 2 doe around 5:30 but not in range. If I don't get one it won't be from a lack of trying, but I must say, this may be the hottest day I've ever hunted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      172.6 KB · Views: 1,860

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Sitting over the creek on the lower part of the property. Saw 2 doe around 5:30 but not in range. If I don't get one it won't be from a lack of trying, but I must say, this may be the hottest day I've ever hunted.

I opted not to hunt tonight, but will be out in the morning. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom