• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Just saw on Channel 5 news at 10 that Supreme Court Justice David Souter will retire at the end of the current term (i.e., later this summer). I don't know much about him, is he pro-2A or anti-2A?

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    In general, he tends to be liberal. Not sure on his 2A stance but as I remember, he was on the dissenting side in Heller.

No matter though, what comes next will be even more libera than Souter.

PS....he was SUPPOSED to be conservative and then switched once appointed lol.

Splitter

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Heller Vs. DC

Majority Scalia, joined by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito

Dissent Stevens, joined by Souter, Ginsburg, Breyer

He's fairly moderate on other issues though.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. My personal opinion is that based on how he ruled in Planned Parenthood v. Casey and DC vs. Heller (my big 2 issues), he can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Heck, once again my desire to see tarring and feathering brought back has been renewed.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Of course! One of the biggest concerns in this election was the potential to be able to replace 2 or even 3 justices and that has a LONG term affect on our country's direction.

Expect a justice that leans far, far left. The libs do NOT like losing at the SCOTUS level, that's their ace in the hole.

Splitter

jjboxman

Nov 18, 2008
    Pa & Md
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. My personal opinion is that based on how he ruled in Planned Parenthood v. Casey and DC vs. Heller (my big 2 issues), he can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Heck, once again my desire to see tarring and feathering brought back has been renewed.
    +1

weldingshop

Jan 24, 2009
    correct me if i'm wrong but, supposedly the liberal judges are the are the ones most likely to retire.

also, keep in mind.......in general they flip once in. apparently they have philosophical rethinks once seated.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County

Be careful what you wish for...I guarantee Obama's replacement judge will be the scariest pick in years if not decades.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Anyone else think that the timing on this, less than a week after Specter defected, is somewhat suspect.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Be careful what you wish for...I guarantee Obama's replacement judge will be the scariest pick in years if not decades.

It doesn't matter, since his pick couldn't be any worse. I have not seen one ruling from Souter that I agree with, so it will be more of the same. I just want to see Souter break a leg or something. And yes, Obama's pick will be a liberal POS.

newmike2

There will be two more, especially if Obama thinks or if the Repubs actually win in 2010.
    Ginsberg and Stevens have been doing the "weekend at bernie's" thing for a few years now so it's only a matter of time when one of their clerks drops them in a public place or someone finally notices the smell and they have to be replaced.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    From Wikipedia last night:
    On April 30th Souter announced that he would be retiring from the court, having been awaiting a liberal administration for at least eight years. His future plans include being a lesbian and waiting for Ginsburg to join him at his beach condo in Provincetown, Cape Cod. He also enjoys beer pong.
    :rofl:

Good riddance, I say. Unfortunately, it's the devil you know versus the devil you don't.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Ginsberg and Stevens have been doing the "weekend at bernie's" thing for a few years now so it's only a matter of time when one of their clerks drops them in a public place or someone finally notices the smell and they have to be replaced.
    HA! That's funny! :lol:

I see it much like everyone else does - Souter waited until he had a liberal Dem in the WH before he retired to insure that his legacy of liberalism would continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom