• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Are we saying that active/retired LEO/MIL still have to apply as permit exempt or is this just for current CCW holders? I thought active/retired LEO/MIL need only show retired credentials at point of sale with the FFL?

TR

They need not apply. Their ID card is their license to purchase.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agreed. (Keeping in mind I am speaking for myself also here).

Problem is, when you offer it for FREE, there has to be some subsidy involved. I.e; guy without the exemption is paying for some fractional portion of ours too.

Right?

Money from the application fee for the MD CCW?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Agreed. (Keeping in mind I am speaking for myself also here).

Problem is, when you offer it for FREE, there has to be some subsidy involved. I.e; guy without the exemption is paying for some fractional portion of ours too.

Right?

Its not really free. Its included in the price of a ccw. They simply made it retroactive. I don't know weather to feel special or dirty.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    " I have already been fingerprinted, photographed, signed the waiver so they can explore my corn hole, had them call my 3 references and my wife. WTF do I need to go through the HQL process for? A little redundant, don't you think?"..........

On the other hand, there are those who, between 18 and above, veterans of the Mid Eastern Sand boxes have more Firearms training then most, and others who moved from the Military to The U.S.Intell services(CIA,NSA,DIA), and have provided BGIs that go into extended family histories back to Grandparents BIOs, and have submitted to Lifestyle Polygraphs (every 5 years) throughout a 30-40 year career.......can't come close to either a HQL or CCW "waiver" based on "Prior Service" or Life long back ground checks. FBI knows more about them...then they themselves know......

But still do not qualify....for anything in MD

Shame

R

tristan1127

Feb 28, 2013
    Md
    Here is an idea. Why not just say that those who have the Concealed Carry license, just show that license when they purchase a gun? That cuts out making another license to carry in your wallet/purse.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Here is an idea. Why not just say that those who have the Concealed Carry license, just show that license when they purchase a gun? That cuts out making another license to carry in your wallet/purse.

Only drawback to that logic is that the ccw might not be renewed after 2-3 years whereas the HQL is good for 10 years. As long as they issue it along with a ccw, that's the way to go. You don't have to carry it with you less you're headed out to buy a handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom