• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Just found out after applying that there is absolutely NO CHARGE for the HQL Permit Exempt license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    OPs question is a bit confusing. Those who are"Exempt" don't need a permit in the first place, so no charge. Those with ccw are issued a HQL at no charge since all checks, prints, and background checks are already complete. This is granted in SB 281. This was grandfathered to include those who obtained a ccw prior to Oct 1.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I don't know if it's CCW and Honorable discharge former military or what. All I know it's free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    It's similar to the old "not in my backyard" mentality.

I have a MD carry permit, so I am pleased to hear I don't have to pay. :o

None of us should have to pay, I was being snarky.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    None of us should have to pay, I was being snarky.

Agreed, I was just replying in the spirit of full disclosure. They've been playing these fvcking games for many years now, seems like somehow they feel the need to let some folks off easier. Used to be retired LEO were golden, no hassles with CCW application.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Agreed, I was just replying in the spirit of full disclosure. They've been playing these fvcking games for many years now, seems like somehow they feel the need to let some folks off easier. Used to be retired LEO were golden, no hassles with CCW application.

In any kingdom you need nobility of various levels and peasants.

The royalty gives gifts to those that curry favor.

Don't you want Game of Thrones? :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's similar to the old "not in my backyard" mentality.

I have a MD carry permit, so I am pleased to hear I don't have to pay. :o

I have one. I have already been fingerprinted, photographed, signed the waiver so they can explore my corn hole, had them call my 3 references and my wife. WTF do I need to go through the HQL process for? A little redundant, don't you think?

The reason someone with a MD permit doesn't need to do everything is that they have already done everything.......

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I just did the same. I went back to redo it because I thought I did something wrong. It came up that my application has been submitted no payment.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have one. I have already been fingerprinted, photographed, signed the waiver so they can explore my corn hole, had them call my 3 references and my wife. WTF do I need to go through the HQL process for? A little redundant, don't you think?

Not that I disagree, but what does that have to do with the FEE associated with the physical card?

They are preternaturally bitches about time frames. Have to have things tuned in by "X", this is only good for "Y".

My app was over a year old by the time they decided I was being "for real" and actually wanted a permit. Everything about the application was old, FTF investigation, prints, pic,.... everything.

Same applies with this scenario.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not that I disagree, but what does that have to do with the FEE associated with the physical card?

They are preternaturally bitches about time frames. Have to have things tuned in by "X", this is only good for "Y".

My app was over a year old by the time they decided I was being "for real" and actually wanted a permit. Everything about the application was old, FTF investigation, prints, pic,.... everything.

Same applies with this scenario.

So, charge me $5. Most of the fee is for the background check.

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Are we saying that active/retired LEO/MIL still have to apply as permit exempt or is this just for current CCW holders? I thought active/retired LEO/MIL need only show retired credentials at point of sale with the FFL?

TR

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, charge me $5. Most of the fee is for the background check.

Agreed. (Keeping in mind I am speaking for myself also here).

Problem is, when you offer it for FREE, there has to be some subsidy involved. I.e; guy without the exemption is paying for some fractional portion of ours too.

Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom