• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Trying to find someplace in the area that I can get a slug barrel for my 12 gauge Benelli Super Nove pump gun. Anyone have any ideas?

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I was in a similar boat trying to find a slug barrel for my M2.

I realized pretty quickly it was going to be cheaper to buy a nice slug gun than to buy a slug barrel. I ended up with an H&R Ultra Slug in 20 gauge which is far more accurate than a rifled benelli anyway for about $300.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I believe in an independent gun for an independent purpose, so, I have no arguments when it comes to swapping barrels on a gun. I just have to buy a single gun for a single purpose even if I have 10 guns for the same purpose. Swapping barrels is just not my thing. I see it this way. For the cost of barrel just buy a slug gun for a dedicated purpose. If you only plan to keep the slug barrel on the gun then just buy a barrel.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Until the bankruptcy you could have given partial credit to Winchester re the 1300 also.

But the biggest factor is buying as a package from the getgo vs paying list-ish price as an accesory later.

The Plan C strategy is to haunt the usual places and sources for a slug bbl for "somthing" at a good price , and then pick up a used host gun to match.

But yes , the H&R/ NEF slug guns are a screaming value, either in Ultra format , or light wt .

crowmd

Mar 3, 2013
    a buddy of mine has same gun looked all over for slug barrel they were high dollar and he bought a rifled choke he used that for awhile then bought a slug gun

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    a buddy of mine has same gun looked all over for slug barrel they were high dollar and he bought a rifled choke he used that for awhile then bought a slug gun

Same here I was going to shoot 12 Ga. Sluggers out of my Mossberg 500. After I shopped for a rifled barrel, scope, mount, etc I ended buying that Rossi 20 gauge slug gun for $169.00 and that was the best investment ever. I will be buried with that Rossi.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Haven't located anyplace nearby where I can get a rifled barrel. I may look into a Savage or Rossi slug gun with a rifled barrel.

I'll back the accuracy of the Rossi slug gun. I bought it because it was cheap ( $169.00 ) to take on rainy day hunts and if it got rusted, so what, at least I'm not rusting one of my expensive guns and I'm not losing a hunt from the wet weather, HOWEVER, I have come really appreciate this cheap simple little ( highly underestimated ) 20 gauge slug gun. It's a deadly accurate little gun, and it's not a lightweight gun. It's got some serious weight to it for a compact slug gun. It has claimed many Deer since I've had it and the bullet hits right where I put the crosshairs.

I would let anyone shoot it if they doubted my claims. So far I've had three others guys buy one after shooting mine. Basically the point of all this is, there might be, what others would consider "a better gun " out there, but, after owning this Rossi for the past 4 years, those considerations only tell me that guys buy guns because of the names on them and not for the intended purpose.

If you ever want to try it before you buy my Rossi is always available to shoot.

As far as Savage is concerned. I don't care for a shotgun that is mag fed. I know too many guys who have had issues with them not feeding and besides you're only going to get one shot anyway. I know Savage is a nice gun, but, I prefer that single shot simplicity with no possible issues. The ported barrel on the Rossi is really nice too. I don't think that NEF, H&R, or the others have ported barrels. I can appreciate a ported muzzle. Besides NEF and H&R single shots kick like a mule on steroids and I'm just not a fan of that.

Now, if I ever have to buy another slug gun, I love my Rossi, but, this H&R is just a nice looking gun. I like the thumbhole stock advantage and the stainless barrel and receiver would be a huge advantage as well. It would get a black of course. The H&R and NEF guns are all basically the same clone as the Rossi. View SPECS HERE

zoom_ultrahunter_stock.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    If you are just looking for a slug barrels, Brownells has aftermarket Carlsons smooth bore slug barrels for the Nova/Super Nova. They offer 2 versions and cost $220 and accept Benelli chokes.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    OP, Supernova slug barrels run around $400. Best places to get one are Midwest Gun Works, http://www.midwestgunworks.com/mm5/...arch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=, and Benelli's online store, http://www.benelliusa.com/shop/barrels/supernovanova-pump-barrels. If you look at the price of a new Benelli Supernova with a slug barrel, buying the barrel separately is about half the price. Finding the barrel locally is next to impossible.

Thanks for the info. I think when I bought the shotgun about a decade ago, it cost me $400...quite a markup over 10 years! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom