KEEP 'EM COMING - Over 500,000 Emails Sent!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Looks like AGC's email counter went over the 500,000 mark on 1/28 at 8:24 PM!

That's an INCREDIBLE effort, and we still have 8 days to go before the hearing!!

Anyone up for getting to 800,000?

Way to go, guys and gals! Keep up the great work.

Michael

KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    Someone mentioned in another thread that some of these anti-gunners may use our email statistics (strictly volume) to say "I have received 15,000 emails" and people support our stance. . . Knowing full well most could be telling them how much people hate what they have introduced. I hope that we are able to somehow help quantify the pro 2As from the garbage.

settleitinthering

1/4 in 22.2
    Jul 1, 2012
    Woodbine
    I blast out with a different note once a day, so it doesn't surprise me. I think you really have to talk to people you know, that makes the difference. It's about education. My buddies girlfriend said " you’re going to the range to shoot automatic guns?" Time for a re-education. Education is the real issue. Seems noone has a clue, or really cares...pretty sad.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just sent another round. Short and sweet and made sure to tell them I'd see them next Wednesday.;)

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    One thought per email

As I read through the bills:

HB0038 Public Safety - Handgun Permits - Applicant Qualifications
    HB0107 Firearms - Detachable Magazines - Maximum Capacity for Ammunition
    HB0131 Criminal Law - Access to Firearms - Penalties
    HB0294 Firearm Safety Act of 2013
    HB0375 Regulated Firearms - Database - Applications for Dealer's License - Record Keeping and Reporting Requirements
    HB0395 Handguns - Permit Qualifications and Carrying on School Property - School Guardians
    HB0426 Public Safety - Firearm Ammunition - Purchaser Information

Every time I come across a point that I disagree with, I send off another email.
    I do this to aid the legislators, with only a single subject the emails are shorter, easier to read, and allow for individual lines in the bill to be reviewed one at a time. Just trying to be helpful :innocent0

Here is a link to the page of bills of interest
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...b=01&pid=broadsubjpage&tab=subject3&ys=2013RS

Last edited:

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Ive sent emails and printed out the MSI flier about 0281 and handed it out to interested folks at my office. I probably got myself added to another list but whatever, its not like this is my first list :tinfoil: I know of at least one office mate who has forwarded it to like minded friends, (I sent out emails with links to people who wanted them). I am trying my best to help get the word out.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    is anyone else considering putting "time sensitive" in the subject line so that their email doesn't get auto deleted????

I mean, the hearing is on the 6th... this is a time sensitive issue, right? RIGHT?

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    is anyone else considering putting "time sensitive" in the subject line so that their email doesn't get auto deleted????

I mean, the hearing is on the 6th... this is a time sensitive issue, right? RIGHT?

I just am making sure my emails don't have the same title every time. The format I am using at this point for subject is:

"(bill number) - (specific topic addressed about bill in email) - OPPOSE"

My emails have become much shorter and now contain a single paragraph about a specific topic. There are enough topics with which I have issue to use a new one each day. :-)

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Sen Dysons aid admitted they are deleting emails unread if coming from outside the district. We need to focus on OUR reps/sen.

Easy fix. Don't put your address or zip code in. You'll get a canned response maybe talking about their position and asking you to send them your address for further correspondence, but at least it won't get deleted.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Easy fix. Don't put your address or zip code in. You'll get a canned response maybe talking about their position and asking you to send them your address for further correspondence, but at least it won't get deleted.

or use a different zip every time you send an email...

Sometimes I use my work address. Sometimes I use my home address. Sometimes I use my old address......

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Sen Dysons aid admitted they are deleting emails unread if coming from outside the district. We need to focus on OUR reps/sen.

When I call members of the Senate Judiciary committee and make sure I point out if I am asked for my address.
    "I am calling the senator in his/her role as a committee member of the Judicary committee. In that role he/she represents all Marylanders. When considering the bills in committee my opinion is to be accounted for. If the bill comes up for a floor vote the senator is free to represent his/her discrict."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom