Any Hunters Own Semi-Autos? Better Read This...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    The Fudd term I am familiar with is refering to hunters who say " I have my bolt action deer rifle, my 12 ga pump gun, and a single shot .22mag, and why do you need more than 4 rounds anyway? If you can't get a deer with 4 or less rounds, you should just buy meat at the store". They often have an attitude if you try to tell them what the 2A is really about. Some are bad enough to cite the garbage the media spews out. They will sell the rest of us out through apathy.

And yes, I've actually had a few hunters say these things to me. I don't get into a debate as they are often my customers. I try to gently educate them, but sometimes you just can't do it without really engaging them, and I try to avoid that with customers.

The HBG show boycott does give me ALOT of hope though. The large # of hunters, anglers, etc angry at Reed Expo, esp the ones who live in PA, are really a fine sight since you can't even hunt with semi autos in PA ( the PGC caves to the minority fudds...). Now if we can just get the hunters en mass here in MD to speak up in regards to the slimey doings by the GA...

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The Fudd term I am familiar with is refering to hunters who say " I have my bolt action deer rifle, my 12 ga pump gun, and a single shot .22mag, and why do you need more than 4 rounds anyway? If you can't get a deer with 4 or less rounds, you should just buy meat at the store". They often have an attitude if you try to tell them what the 2A is really about. Some are bad enough to cite the garbage the media spews out. They will sell the rest of us out through apathy.

And yes, I've actually had a few hunters say these things to me. I don't get into a debate as they are often my customers. I try to gently educate them, but sometimes you just can't do it without really engaging them, and I try to avoid that with customers.

The HBG show boycott does give me ALOT of hope though. The large # of hunters, anglers, etc angry at Reed Expo, esp the ones who live in PA, are really a fine sight since you can't even hunt with semi autos in PA ( the PGC caves to the minority fudds...). Now if we can just get the hunters en mass here in MD to speak up in regards to the slimey doings by the GA...

That I feel is an excellent description since I used to be one when I was younger. It took extensive overseas travel, Living in two countries and looking at the USA from the outside-in to change my attitude. The turning point was not long after living in England just after the gun ban and confiscation where the crime rate started to escalate. I had many an argument with Brits regarding gun violence in the USA and that guns are the problem, not the person.

Ripfubar

Dec 29, 2011
    CSC
    Personally every time I see it I just can't remove it from "shot gun guitar with spikes coming out" "da wabbit slayer". Big smile from child hood and 98 rock!!!

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    FUD is an acronym for Fear, Uncertainty, and Death. It's used by those who want to shock, scare, or manipulate people into seeing how horrible life would be if X did/did not happen. Very common in the IT security realm, but also in today's political climate.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Personally every time I see it I just can't remove it from "shot gun guitar with spikes coming out" "da wabbit slayer". Big smile from child hood and 98 rock!!!

Every time I talk with my best friend, the conversation always starts with him saying "duck season!" and I respond with"wabbit season!". :D

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    The Fudd term I am familiar with is refering to hunters who say " I have my bolt action deer rifle, my 12 ga pump gun, and a single shot .22mag, and why do you need more than 4 rounds anyway? If you can't get a deer with 4 or less rounds, you should just buy meat at the store". They often have an attitude if you try to tell them what the 2A is really about. Some are bad enough to cite the garbage the media spews out. They will sell the rest of us out through apathy..

This is exactly what a Fudd is. I'm confused as to how people are still not getting that definition lol

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I had a friend, emphasis on had, that fit that description to a T. His particular issue was with .50cal BMG's. He would sit and talk about his Colt AR-15 with the "trigger enhancer" on it but in the same breath say there was no reason for ayone to own a 50cal. All the while saying "you know I'm pro gun". I swear it was like beating my head against a wall trying to get him to see the hypocrisy he was spewing.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    FUD is an acronym for Fear, Uncertainty, and Death. It's used by those who want to shock, scare, or manipulate people into seeing how horrible life would be if X did/did not happen. Very common in the IT security realm, but also in today's political climate.

Actually, it's Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Pioneered by IBM back in the days when they were the big player on the block. Their sales people used to have a marketing slogan, "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM".

The implication was that, if you buy from brand X instead, their product or support may not measure up, it may end up being a bad decision, and YOUR job (as the buyer for your company) is on the line because of it.

In the '80's Microsoft became the 'status quo' and stole the scheme from IBM. Any time some software vendor started to gain market share on them, they would whisper hints that that company was about to go under, or their product would not be compatible with the next version of Windows, or MS themselves were about to release something that would make them obsolete.... etc.

Sorry for the tangent :D.

dentman217

Aug 2, 2012
    Hunters need to understand that politicians can call their hunting rifles "Deadly Sniper Guns" just as easily as they call semi-automatic rifles "Assault Rifles" and they can ban hunting rifles too.
    Remember, most hunting rifles shoot a much more powerful cartridge than the AR-15 does and they are able to kill at even greater distances!
    They will bring that fact up as soon as they ban AR-15's.
    EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT TO DO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom