• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sub2000

Dec 19, 2016
    My peep sight keeps moving up and down. I had it served at Dick's. The peep sight has that rubber tubing. Is there anything I can do to keep it in place? not sure what else to do.

Attachments

• IMG_20201110_141823.jpg
      IMG_20201110_141823.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 298

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    They are probably the worst peep available in my opinion for several reasons. And no disrespect intended here at all, but I'd have that removed and reinstalled at an archery shop.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Save yourself time, and headache, don’t let Dick’s touch your stuff. Autumn Sky, Jefferson Archery, or Macrotec. Get a different sight minus the rubber thing.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They are probably the worst peep available in my opinion for several reasons. And no disrespect intended here at all, but I'd have that removed and reinstalled at an archery shop.
    I used them for years. Replace the tuping every season and no problems. No rotating peep from string stretching.

OP, you probably(looks like) have too much and unequal distances from the serving to the peep. Easy to move the serving by wrapping a piece of paper towel around the serving and slide it closer/equidistant to your peep. I never had this problem using tubed peeps.

***that serving looks a little suspect/loose***

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    When I had one of those years (many) ago I served it with waxed dental floss --never came loose---and the green kind is minty fresh!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Yup, too loose. You need a few more wraps of serving on there to tighten it up.

And change that rubber often, with new tubing. If that snaps, it's going right in your eye. Ask me how I know...

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Anything on the string slows the string down! The tubing is also notorious for breaking and whacking people in the eye. To each their own, if you like it keep it! But most professional shops will not encourage using them as the others have mentioned. A properly installed peep will not move!

And string stretch shouldn't cause a peep to turn either...

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yup, too loose. You need a few more wraps of serving on there to tighten it up.

And change that rubber often, with new tubing. If that snaps, it's going right in your eye. Ask me how I know...

Anything on the string slows the string down! The tubing is also notorious for breaking and whacking people in the eye. To each their own, if you like it keep it! But most professional shops will not encourage using them as the others have mentioned. A properly installed peep will not move!

And string stretch shouldn't cause a peep to turn either...

I've used them for years. Had many break(until I started changing them every season) and never caught one I the eye. They always broke at the peep. I am not using one at the moment though. The tubeless ones are a real pain re-establishing proper alignment every year as the string stretched. I ditched the Shooter's Choice this time around for a custom string from Jefferson. After the original shoot-in and rotation afterwards, it's held straight.

AlphabetSoup

Oct 28, 2019
    Dunno if you fixed this or not, but worst case I can press your bow (portable press) and tie in a peep for ya.

Not that hard, and you can always refer to YouTube, but assuming the actual bowstring is ok, there shouldn't be any issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom